Infusion RN- North Phoenix Clinic
Cancer care is all we do
Hope in healing
Cancer Treatment Centers of America® (CTCA®) takes a unique and integrative approach to cancer care. Our patient-centered care model is founded on a commitment to personalized medicine, tailoring a combination of treatments to the needs of each individual patient. At the same time, we support patients' quality of life by offering therapies designed to help them manage the side effects of treatment, addressing their physical, spiritual and emotional needs, so they are better able to stay on their treatment regimens and get back to life. At the core of our whole-person approach is what we call the Mother Standard® of care, so named because it requires that we treat our patients, and one another, like we would want our loved ones to be treated. This innovative approach has earned our hospitals a Best Place to Work distinction and numerous accreditations. Each of us has a stake in the successful outcomes of every patient we treat.
Job Description: Provides the Mother Standard of Care to oncology patients across the adult and geriatric spectrum. An Individualized plan of care is developed and implemented; utilizing the nursing process, including assessment, diagnosis, planning, implementation and evaluation. Responsible for inspiring and guiding other qualified patient care team members to ensure enhanced outcomes through effective delegation in the exercise of his/her independent judgment. Nursing care addresses physical, spiritual, emotional and educational needs of the patient, and coordinates the plan of care with other healthcare professionals, support persons and all members of the healthcare team.
* Assesses, plans, implements, evaluates and documents the care of ambulatory patients. Directs the care delivered by Medical Assistants and other members of the healthcare team. Demonstrates high aptitude and ability to function independently while performing patient care in accordance with provider orders.
* Implements and manages care:
* • Care provided conforms to accepted practice standards (ONS and Intravenous Nursing Society).
* Provides treatments/procedures and other care as prescribed and according to patient care standards and plan of care.
* Demonstrates understanding of age-related characteristics and needs of patients served.
* Explains nursing procedures.
* Provides discharge teaching.
* Identifies emergency situations and independently initiates appropriate actions.
* Acts as an advocate and coordinator of patient care with other health care personnel and evaluates patient care measures instituted.
* Understands and demonstrates respect for patient rights and utilizes established mechanisms for management of ethical issues in patient care
* Consultant to the healthcare profession, patient or caregiver regarding patient advocacy and delivery of safe, competent, and quality nursing care
* Performs handoff communication as appropriate.
* Administer medications, chemotherapy, IV fluids and blood products safely and per policy
* Demonstrates effective communication skills to manage complex patient and family needs.
* Conducts and reinforces patient education, including: treatment plan/regimen, financial implications of care, symptom management, side effects, patient family responsibilities related to self-care, available resources at home or at facility.
* Assists in the on-boarding of new stakeholders with a positive and inclusive attitude reflective of CTCA values.
* Maintains required competencies.
* Delegates tasks according to the Arizona Nurse Practice Act and job descriptions.
* Collaborates with other disciplines as applicable.
* Documents nursing care, implants and specimens accurately, completely and legibly.
* Follows policy regarding equipment maintenance and infection control measures.
* Assesses the knowledge level of the patient or designated support person.
* 1 year experience in area is required, 2 years experience in area is preferred
* Associates Degree in Nursing (ADN) is required, Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) is preferred
* Registered Nurse, Arizona is required
* American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) is required
* Proof of Basic Chemotherapy Administration Course and / or training upon hire
* ONS Chemotherapy and Biotherapy Provider Card upon hire or before completion of nursing orientation
* Oncology Certified Nurse (OCN), National Certification in specialty is preferred
* Oncology experience is required
We win together
Each CTCA employee is a Stakeholder, driven to make a true difference and help win the fight against cancer. Each day is a challenge, but this unique experience comes with rewards that you may never have thought possible. To ensure each team member brings his or her best self, we offer exceptional support and immersive training to encourage your personal and professional growth. If you're ready to be part of something bigger and work with a passionate, dynamic group of care professionals, we invite you to join us.
Visit: Jobs.cancercenter.com to begin your journey.
Apply on company website