Lab Assistant - per diem
Cancer care is all we do
Hope in healing
Cancer Treatment Centers of America® (CTCA®) takes a unique and integrative approach to cancer care. Our patient-centered care model is founded on a commitment to personalized medicine, tailoring a combination of treatments to the needs of each individual patient. At the same time, we support patients' quality of life by offering therapies designed to help them manage the side effects of treatment, addressing their physical, spiritual and emotional needs, so they are better able to stay on their treatment regimens and get back to life. At the core of our whole-person approach is what we call the Mother Standard® of care, so named because it requires that we treat our patients, and one another, like we would want our loved ones to be treated. This innovative approach has earned our hospitals a Best Place to Work distinction and numerous accreditations. Each of us has a stake in the successful outcomes of every patient we treat.
Job Description: Hours: Sat & Sun 5am - 1:30pm, some weekdays when needed
Provides Phlebotomy service to laboratory
Minimum Qualifications: Phlebotomy certification from a recognized program preferred
Minimum of one-year phlebotomy experience preferred
Experience in a hospital scenario
Essential Physical Requirements:
* Ability to be mobile to travel to off-site locations
* Ability to be mobile 6-8 hours per shift
* Ability to be in stooped position for long periods of time
* Occasionally must bend, twist, squat, climb, reach, stoop, and kneel
* Ability to perform occasional lifting up to 30 pounds
* Good visual acuity is required to accurately read VDT screen and physician orders
* All employees within this job classification may have exposure to blood-borne pathogens, other potentially infectious materials, and/or hazardous chemicals/waste
We win together
Each CTCA employee is a Stakeholder, driven to make a true difference and help win the fight against cancer. Each day is a challenge, but this unique experience comes with rewards that you may never have thought possible. To ensure each team member brings his or her best self, we offer exceptional support and immersive training to encourage your personal and professional growth. If you're ready to be part of something bigger and work with a passionate, dynamic group of care professionals, we invite you to join us.
Visit: Jobs.cancercenter.com to begin your journey.
Apply on company website