Major Gift Officer
Cancer care is all we do
Hope in healing
Cancer Treatment Centers of America® (CTCA®) takes a unique and integrative approach to cancer care. Our patient-centered care model is founded on a commitment to personalized medicine, tailoring a combination of treatments to the needs of each individual patient. At the same time, we support patients' quality of life by offering therapies designed to help them manage the side effects of treatment, addressing their physical, spiritual and emotional needs, so they are better able to stay on their treatment regimens and get back to life. At the core of our whole-person approach is what we call the Mother Standard® of care, so named because it requires that we treat our patients, and one another, like we would want our loved ones to be treated. This innovative approach has earned our hospitals a Best Place to Work distinction and numerous accreditations. Each of us has a stake in the successful outcomes of every patient we treat.
Job Description: Major Gift Officer – Job Description
Overview: Our vision is to shape a world in which a cancer diagnosis is no longer feared. Gateway for Cancer Research is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization committed to funding innovative cancer research that helps people living with cancer to feel better, live longer and conquer cancer.
Since 1991, Gateway has supported more than 170 clinical trials and funded millions in breakthrough research. 99 cents of every dollar Gateway receives directly funds Phase I and Phase II cancer clinical trials at leading research institutions across the country and abroad.
Do you want to transform the healthcare industry? We build authentic personal relationships with donors and physician-researchers, brokering creative and effective partnerships. We are looking for a top level fundraiser with a passion for building relationships, asking for gifts, working collaboratively with medical leadership and a goal to join an industry leader.
As the Major Gift Officer, you will:
* Participate and strategically outline regional based activities, proposal preparation, strategy development and solicitation executed within 12 – 24 month time frame.
* Work collaboratively, proactively and in a professional service-oriented manner with all internal and external Stakeholders to further the development goals while representing the core values of the organization.
* Develop and manage an active portfolio of prospective donors that result in philanthropic dollars for Gateway with a special emphasis on those in the $100,000+ category
* Initiate and conduct personal meetings with major prospects with the intention of establishing a relationship that will result in a major gift to Gateway.
* Work closely with key leaders to identify gift opportunities, establish relationships with vendors, appreciative patients and friends and execute cultivation/solicitation strategies.
* Oversee activities when appropriate with the collateral areas of donor stewardship, donor research, acknowledgment and communications.
* Document results of all substantive contacts with donors
* Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision, effectively and efficiently organize and prioritize workload to meet constantly changing demands and policy adherence.
* Bachelor's Degree with 5+ years of experience in soliciting major gifts
* Advanced knowledge of all aspects of fundraising and donor relations
* Proven track record in meeting fundraising goals and in-person solicitations
* Demonstrated success working as a member of a team and developing effective relationships with key leaders, volunteers and donors
* Exercises a high level of discretion when working with confidential information
* Detail orientated with ability to multi-task and prioritize multiple projects
* Excellent computer skills and experience with Salesforce or other CRM systems
We win together
Each CTCA employee is a Stakeholder, driven to make a true difference and help win the fight against cancer. Each day is a challenge, but this unique experience comes with rewards that you may never have thought possible. To ensure each team member brings his or her best self, we offer exceptional support and immersive training to encourage your personal and professional growth. If you're ready to be part of something bigger and work with a passionate, dynamic group of care professionals, we invite you to join us.
Visit: Jobs.cancercenter.com to begin your journey.
Apply on company website