RN, Patient Navigator
Cancer care is all we do
Hope in healing
Cancer Treatment Centers of America® (CTCA®) takes a unique and integrative approach to cancer care. Our patient-centered care model is founded on a commitment to personalized medicine, tailoring a combination of treatments to the needs of each individual patient. At the same time, we support patients' quality of life by offering therapies designed to help them manage the side effects of treatment, addressing their physical, spiritual and emotional needs, so they are better able to stay on their treatment regimens and get back to life. At the core of our whole-person approach is what we call the Mother Standard® of care, so named because it requires that we treat our patients, and one another, like we would want our loved ones to be treated. This innovative approach has earned our hospitals a Best Place to Work distinction and numerous accreditations. Each of us has a stake in the successful outcomes of every patient we treat.
Job Description: Hours: Mon - Fri Days
To provide clinical assessment services to referral sources, families and patients to determine the appropriate level of care needed for potential services within Cancer Treatment Centers of America continuum of care. To help families and patients have a better understanding and orientation of Cancer Treatment Centers of America. To field any concerns or questions referral sources, families and/or patients may have to optimize the disposition of the patient and to act as the patient/family advocate throughout the course of treatment.
* Bachelor in Nursing preferred
* Current Illinois RN Licensure
* Oncology experience preferred
* 1-year experience in Care Management and/or similar role
* Strong organizational and communication skills
* Prior admissions or intake experience
Essential Physical Requirements:
* Requires light/medium work with minimal lifting, handling of patient charts
* Requires 3-5 stationary and 1-3 hours standing or walking
* Individual must be able to bend, twist, squat, reach grasp and pull
* Good visual acuity is necessary to read patient charts and computer monitors
* Individual must have acute hearing to assess patient needs and answer inquires on phone
* All employees within this job classification may have exposure to bloodborne pathogens or other potentially infectious materials
We win together
Each CTCA employee is a Stakeholder, driven to make a true difference and help win the fight against cancer. Each day is a challenge, but this unique experience comes with rewards that you may never have thought possible. To ensure each team member brings his or her best self, we offer exceptional support and immersive training to encourage your personal and professional growth. If you're ready to be part of something bigger and work with a passionate, dynamic group of care professionals, we invite you to join us.
Visit: Jobs.cancercenter.com to begin your journey.
Apply on company website