Cancer care is all we do
Hope in healing
Cancer Treatment Centers of America® (CTCA®) takes a unique and integrative approach to cancer care. Our patient-centered care model is founded on a commitment to personalized medicine, tailoring a combination of treatments to the needs of each individual patient. At the same time, we support patients' quality of life by offering therapies designed to help them manage the side effects of treatment, addressing their physical, spiritual and emotional needs, so they are better able to stay on their treatment regimens and get back to life. At the core of our whole-person approach is what we call the Mother Standard® of care, so named because it requires that we treat our patients, and one another, like we would want our loved ones to be treated. This innovative approach has earned our hospitals a Best Place to Work distinction and numerous accreditations. Each of us has a stake in the successful outcomes of every patient we treat.
Job Description: Hours: Mon - Fri 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Job Summary/Purpose: The incumbent assists the pharmacist with prescription processing and distribution to patients, inventory control and over the counter sales. The incumbent interacts with patients directly to process their requests and answers their questions as needed.
Minimum Qualifications: Meets all current State of Illinois licensing requirements for a Pharmacy Technician as specified in the Pharmacy Practice Act.
Mathematically able to calculate dosages
Pharmacy experience preferred
Skills in medication order understanding, computer entry and of regulatory and legal requirements.
Essential Physical Requirements:
* Ability to frequently stand, walk, push and pull carts; sometimes for extended periods of time (4-8 hours)
* Ability to remain stationary 4-8 hours per day
* Ability to perform various repetitive and non-repetitive tasks with hands and fingers such as simple grasping, pulling and pushing
* Ability to stoop or kneel
* Ability to perform fine manipulation (i.e., keyboard) and physically operate equipment required for the job
* May require lifting and carrying light loads up to 40 pounds (e.g. boxes, equipment, IV solutions)
* Good visual acuity is required for medication dispensing and for documentation
* Good hearing is essential for accurate patient care
* All employees within this job classification may have exposure to blood borne pathogens or other potentially infectious materials
We win together
Each CTCA employee is a Stakeholder, driven to make a true difference and help win the fight against cancer. Each day is a challenge, but this unique experience comes with rewards that you may never have thought possible. To ensure each team member brings his or her best self, we offer exceptional support and immersive training to encourage your personal and professional growth. If you're ready to be part of something bigger and work with a passionate, dynamic group of care professionals, we invite you to join us.
Visit: Jobs.cancercenter.com to begin your journey.
Apply on company website