Current Employees Click HERE
Current employees can apply directly through the Internal Careers Center online for Prospect Medical job openings in California. For a streamlined application process, all you need is your four-digit employee ID number and a digital copy of your résumé handy before you apply.
Note: Internal applicants not eligible for any Sign On Bonus.Social Worker
We are hospitals and affiliated medical groups, working closely together for the benefit of every person who comes to us for care. We build comprehensive networks of quality healthcare services that are designed to offer our patients highly coordinated, personalized care and help them live healthier lives. Through collaboration, we strive to provide all of our patients and medical group members with the quality, affordable healthcare they need and deserve.
The Social Worker is responsible for delivering social services, including psychosocial evaluation and treatment, advocacy, teaching, referrals to community services, and assistance, as needed, with discharge planning. Interviews patients, makes social assessments, and interacts with families, significant others, physicians, and staff, to obtain information that will assist with patient's ability to understand his or her medical condition(s). Makes recommendations for additional services upon discharge. Ensures documentation in the medical record is clear and complete.Job Responsibilities/Duties
- Interviews patients and significant others to obtain information about social, emotional, and family situation. Communicates social and family information to attending physicians and other patient care team members. Enables patients and their significant others to understand, accept and follow medical recommendations through individual or group conferences. Determines social assessments for discharge planning. Intervenes appropriately in instances of abuse, assault or neglect, or when adequate financial or social resources are not available. Makes appropriate referrals to resolve patient issues effectively.
- Participates as a team member in conferences on behalf of patients with other health care personnel and other community agencies. Contacts community resources and other pertinent sources in order to arrange services on patient's behalf
- Performs a variety of services such advising on social problems, arranging post-hospital plans for complex discharges and financial assistance. Ensures HIPAA compliance.
- Empathizes with patient and patient support systems, expresses compassion and understanding for the situation and demonstrates care which is appropriate for the age, and cultural, religious, gender identity, or ethnic background. Engages in caring behaviors, taking conscious ownership for work and takes deliberate/thoughtful actions regarding how to best carry out interactions with the patient, families, physicians, and co-workers.
- Participates and assists in departmental studies and projects, reports, etc. required/assigned by Social Service Department.
Minimum Education: Bachelor's Degree in Social Work (BSW) or related degree in human services required. Master's Degree in Social Work or related degree in human services preferred.
Minimum Experience: Computer Proficiency and Literacy. Knowledge of CMS, Medicare/Medi-Cal. Familiarity of Joint Commission, CMS, CDPH requirements. Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships across the organization. Ability to facilitate and lead interdisciplinary rounds. One (1) year of healthcare experience preferred. Bilingual skills to communicate effectively with patients and families preferred.
Req. Certification/Licensure: None.Employee Value Proposition
Prospect Medical Holdings, Inc., is guided by a diverse and highly experienced leadership core. This group maintains the vision that has made Prospect a needed difference-maker in the lives of so many patients today, and many executives contribute to our continued efforts. As a member of our highly effective team of professionals you will receive:
- Company 401K
- Medical, dental, vision insurance
- Paid time-off
- Life insurance
Prospect Medical Systems has a zero-tolerance policy regarding the use of drugs and alcohol. Our Company is committed to maintaining a productive, drug free workplace that keeps employees and patients safe from harm. For this reason, we require applicants to pass a screening for drug use as a condition of employment. This includes: alcohol, marijuana, cocaine, opiates and methamphetamines.How to Apply
To apply for this role, or search our other openings, please visit http://pmh.com/careers/ and click on a location to begin your journey to a new career with us!
We are an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status, disability, race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or other protected characteristics. If you need special accommodation for the application process, please contact Human Resources.
EEOC is the Law: https://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfmPosition Summary
Employment Status: Regular Full-time
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday
Address: Anaheim - 710 N. Euclid St
Apply on company website