CarePartners now has both part-time and full-time positions open for Occupational Therapy/Physiotherapy Assistants in Grey Bruce!
CarePartners offers a competitive compensation program, including tuition assistance, a variety of on-site-in service training, along with a comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity for professional growth! Come in and speak with us to see how community health care can fit your lifestyle and career goals!
As a result of our continuous growth, we have opportunities with our division for NEW and EXPERIENCED Occupational Therapist/Physiotherapist Assistants. You will excel in our program if you currently possess a diploma as an OTA/PTA from an accredited college program, have a valid driver's license and vehicle and bring a desire to work with a supportive and collaborative team.
The desired OTA/PTA will:
- Demonstrate keen interest in the community care and retirement home population, with commitment to on-going learning and professional development
- Be an active member of CarePartners Therapy Team
- Function as a member of a therapy team who is accountable for the therapy care it provides
- Provide client/family education and support to address physical, functional and self-care needs as assigned by Supervising Therapist.
- Monitor and report changes in health status to the Occupational Therapist/Physiotherapist.
- Committed to quality and accuracy of care
- Possess an Occupational Therapist Assistant/Physiotherapist Assistant (OTA/PTA) diploma from an accredited college program.
- Minimum of 2 years relevant work experience, preferably in community care working with geriatric clients
- Current Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) Certificate required.
- Sound critical thinking, good judgement and problem-solving skills.
- The ability to work effectively and collaboratively with multi-disciplinary team.
- Demonstrated understanding and practice of rehabilitation principles and techniques
- Proven computer skills, including e-mail, word processor, work scheduling systems
- Must be able to communicate effectively in both oral and written form and must be fluent in English
- Must have a reliable vehicle and driver's license
CarePartners promotes and facilitates, as appropriate, the immunization of employees in order to provide a safe working environment for its employees, to deliver safe care to patients and to fulfill its commitment to evidence- based health promotion. In accordance with Public Health and Government directives CarePartners has implemented safety protocols to prevent the spread of infectious diseases such as COVID-19. All employees will be required to wear appropriate Personal Protective Equipment as directed by CarePartners and mandated by public health authorities. All new hires of CarePartners are required at this time to demonstrate that they have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19, in accordance with our policies and procedures.
CarePartners welcomes and encourages applicants from people with disabilities, accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the hiring process.
To apply please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply to this job