CarePartners is currently seeking Personal Support Workers and Developmental Support workers (internal reference: Community Support Worker) for community work in our Personal Support and eHomeCare program.
We are looking for energetic and dedicated Personal Support Workers to help patients in our community, with activities of daily living. You will help provide palliative and complex care, and stable pediatric care for children with complex needs. You will provide care to patients in their own homes, working collaboratively with specially trained nurses who will assist you through supportive technology.
CarePartners will be providing education specific to eHomeCare, as well as a comprehensive, fully paid orientation.
In addition to being a frontline hero during one of the most challenging health care events in recent history, we are offering the following incentives to qualified candidates:
- An extra $3.00 temporary government wage enhancement, on top of existing hourly wages.
- A $750 payment for a CSW with a PSW certificate, with payments of $250* after 3 months of work and $500* after 12 months of work; or
- A $500 payment for a CSW without a PSW certificate, with payments of $250* after 3 months of work and $250* after 12 months of work.
*less usual statutory deductions
Shift work including days, evenings, nights and every other weekend.
YOU WILL MAKE AN IMPACT BY:
- Delivering care and support to patients and their families in their home
- Providing quality, integrated care through direct communication between a nurse via laptop/tablet and the eHomeCare Support Worker via smartphone throughout their shift
WHAT WE OFFER:
Competitive Wages, Incentives and Perks
- Competitive wage grid $17.17 to $19.32 per hour PLUS $3.00 hourly temporary wage enhancement
- An additional premium of 50 cents for all hours providing direct patient care within the eHomeCare program
- A special $750 or $500 incentive for signing on with CarePartners
- Opportunity for guaranteed hours and pay, regardless of patient load
- Paid orientation and hands-on mentoring
- Access to group discount programs, including exclusive discounts from various retailers
Safety and Personal Wellness
- During the pandemic, full personal protective equipment in identified “hot zones” and ongoing support and safety protocols designed to protect you and your patients
- Total rewards program which includes benefit package
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for you and your family members
- A COVID-19 hotline, to answer your questions and concerns
Personal and Professional Support
- Flexible hours and diverse assignments to suit your busy life
- Thoughtful scheduling by location, respecting your time
- Opportunities for continuing education and training
- Leadership support 24/7
- Personal Support Worker Certificate
- Experience as a PSW is an asset
- Education in palliative care an asset
- Passion for providing holistic, sensitive, individualized care to patients at end of life
- Comfort in using technology such as a smartphone
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Comfort with providing care to patients in their own homes - previous experience an asset
- Ability to work collaboratively with nurses, as part of a team, is crucial
- Ability to work independently, yet take direction, is essential
- Must have a valid drivers' license.
CarePartners welcomes and encourages applicants from people with disabilities. Candidates can request accommodations at any time in the hiring process.
To apply please email Recruiter.Biljana@carepartners.ca
CAREPARTNERS IS IN YOUR COMMUNITY
In addition to providing home-based personal support, rehabilitation and therapy, nursing and palliative care across Ontario, CarePartners also serves the community through clinics, transitional care units, and provides relief in nursing homes and shared care settings.
Through our outreach program, we've been organizing medical care and clinics in countries with poor access to health care since 2009.
Apply to this job