Sign on bonus totaling $1000!
CarePartners offers a competitive compensation program, including tuition assistance, a variety of on-site-in service training, along with a comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity for professional growth! Come in and speak with us to see how community health care can fit your lifestyle and career goals!
As a result of our continuous growth, we have opportunities within our Waterloo-Wellington branch for Registered Practical Nurses (RPNs) to join our eHomecare Program.
The eHomeCare program involves RPNs working while connected through technology to expert RNs, who assist them with assessments, critical thinking and decision making. This is a unique opportunity for new graduates to gain experience, learn and solidify their skills, and contribute to an innovative nursing program. The focus will be on adult patients experiencing, complex medical needs, those receiving palliative/end of life care as well as medically stable paediatrics.
An extensive paid orientation (approximately 50 hours) is provided.
Must be able to work days, evenings, overnights and alternating weekends; 8 to 12 hours shifts
- Deliver care to patients within their own homes
- Basic personal care skills, as well as RPN clinical skills will be required
- Ability to deliver sensitive, individualized and proactive patient care
- Complete guided assessments and engage in critical thinking with assistance of the remote RN via technology
- Provide assistance and support to the patients' family members
- RPN certification in good standing with the Ontario College of Nurses
- Must have a valid drivers' license and/or access to reliable transportation means
- Passion for providing holistic, sensitive, individualized care to patients at end of life, those with Dementia, complex medical patients or paediatrics
- Comfortable using technology such as a smartphone
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Comfort providing care to patients in their own homes - previous experience an asset
- Ability to work collaboratively with other nurses, as part of a team, is crucial
- Ability to work independently while taking direction as required
TOTAL COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
- Competitive wages
- Flexibility in establishing work schedule
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) through LifeWorks
- Access to Perkopolis (Canadian's Discount Program)
- Paid multi-day orientation, including in-class and in-field training
- Skills training (ongoing opportunities)
- Supportive Leadership team
- 24/7 On-Call Support
- Service Milestone Recognition Program
Specific details on compensation and benefits to be discussed at time of interview.
CarePartners welcomes and encourages applicants from people with disabilities, accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the hiring process.
To apply please email Recruiter.Biljana@CarePartners.ca
Apply to this job