DescriptionSHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
Cartersville Medical Center – Cartersville, GA
Are you looking for a company that places integrity over their bottom line? Here at HCA Healthcare – Cartersville Medical Center, our everyday decisions are founded on compassion. Apply today and join our winning team, this position will play a key part in continuing our mission of serving others in need.
Registered Nurse (RN) – Critical Care Float Pool for Intensive Care, Progressive Care and Emergency Room - FT Nights
We are a “Top Performer” on Joint Commission Key Quality Measures!
Cartersville Medical Center is a Best in Value Hospital
Best in Value |Best in State | Best in MarketQuality • Affordability • Efficiency • Satisfaction
Nestled among beautiful mountains, the Etowah River, and Lake Allatoona, charming Cartersville, Georgia is the perfect place to call home and only minutes from vibrant Metro Atlanta. Home to Cartersville Medical Center, a growing acute care hospital and regional cancer center, you'll love the family-oriented, patient-centered work environment with Health grades five-star rated service lines. Explore the history-rich Smithsonian affiliated museums; shop the unique downtown boutiques; play at Lakepoint Sports Complex; float the river in a kayak, canoe or tube; and enjoy the many community events and festivals year-round. Education options include top rated schools with championship athletic programs and Georgia Highlands College, a two-year institution of the University System of Georgia. Live, work and play in Cartersville, while being minutes away from Atlanta and Chattanooga. Visit the metro areas, then come home to Cartersville.
Cartersville Medical Center is located in Bartow County, Georgia
- Population of more than 100,000 people (with a population of over 20,000 in Cartersville, the county seat)
- Home to more than 166 diverse industries, including flooring giant Shaw Industries and Anheuser-Busch/InBev
- Booth Western Art Museum and Tellus Science Museum, both Smithsonian Affiliate museums
- Home of LakePoint Sporting Community, a thriving sports tournament and vacation destination
- Median Age of 37.3 years
- Nestled in the foothills of the Appalachian Mountains, offering a unique blend of country charm and international sophistication
- Just 30 miles northwest of Greater Atlanta, along the I-75 corridor
Cartersville Medical Center is a 119 bed acute care hospital, Level III Trauma, Chest Pain Center, Certified Primary Stroke Center and Gold Seal Inpatient Diabetes program accredited by the Joint Commission. The Breast Imaging Center of Excellence at The Women's Center provides mammography services that are gold seal accredited by the American College of Radiology. The Hope Center, a regional, Commission on Cancer approved cancer treatment facility, is conveniently located on the hospital campus and provides over 4,000 treatments with over 300 new patients per year from a ten county region.id
The Float Pool at Cartersville Medical Center:
- This position assesses patients (on the unit to which the RN is assigned) for educational, physiological, psychosocial, comfort and safety needs. Plans and coordinates care. Performs treatments, procedures, and administers medication within state Registered Nurse practice guidelines. Follows up with other associates and other departments, as necessary.
- Primary purpose of the Float Pool is to fill in for sick calls and times of high census or to cover for LOA's. Required to float to all nursing units where competencies have been completed.
- Registered nurses, physicians from many specialties and many other healthcare professionals collaborate to form a diagnosis, treatment and discharge plan for each individual patient.
Cartersville Medical Center is currently looking for a Registered Nurse (RN) – Critical Care Float Pool
FT Night position - Premium Pay is offered at $38/hr plus $4/hr Night Differential. Expected to work every other weekend. Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the observation, assessment, nursing diagnosis, planning, intervention, and evaluation of care of all assigned patients, infant through life span in the ER and Critical Care units.
- Demonstrates knowledge of human growth and development, assessment, range of treatment, and care of patients appropriate to the ages of patients served.
- Promotes customer service initiatives.
- Utilizes nursing process for individual care to meet needs of patients.
- Promotes and maintains patient safety standards.
- Documents all patient care using Meditech.
- Ask if you qualify for relocation assistance.
- Competitive salary
- Night and weekend shift differentials
- Premium Pay for Weekend Only positions
- Generous PTO Plan
- Great medical plans, vision & dental benefits, life & disability benefits, etc.
- 401(k) Plan with 100% match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Student Loan Repayment Program
- Consumer discounts
- And many, many more!
- Four years of nursing experience required with at least two years of experience on Med/Surg and/or two years of experience on ICU/PCU/ED
- Outstanding customer service abilities and effective listening skills
- Graduate of accredited School of Nursing with a current GA RN license
- BLS Certification required within 90 days of hire or promotion
- ACLS Certification required within 6 months of hire or promotion
- PALS Certification required within 6 months of hire or promotion
ARMY MOS - 66W or 66NAir Force AFSC - 46NX and 46FX
Apply on company website