Saint Joseph Hospital
7a-7pJob Summary / Purpose
Organizes and promotes efficient workflow within the unit.
Essential Key Job Responsibilities
- Acts as a communication liaison by greeting all internal and external customers to proactively meet service requests and to promote positive customer relations.
- Provides patient care under the supervision of licensed staff, Charge Nurse, Clinical Manager, Unit Manager or Director of Nursing in performing electrocardiograph exams, watching monitors for unit patients, informing the RN of significant rhythms and admitting/discharging patients from the monitoring system.
- Maintains designated hospital competencies validated by the Competency Based Orientation (CBO) plan.
- Demonstrates a strong belief and behaviors consistent with the Saint Joseph Healthcare Mission and Core Values (Reverence, Integrity, Compassion and Excellence).
- Complies with safety and emergency procedures.
- Complies with organizational policies.
Documents activities consistent with organizational guidelines.
- Performs critical/frequent procedures or services.
- Provides care/services based on identified needs.
- Uses required equipment for providing care/services.
- Consults with organizational resources.
Demonstrates professional responsibility as per job classification.
Demonstrates Core Values Guest Relations/Guest Service Standards.
- Demonstrates Core Values Based on Behavioral Standards.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
Required Education for Staff Job Levels High School Diploma or GED Required Licensure and Certifications Certification from an approved nursing assistant course, previous experience as a nurse assistant, or one completed semester of healthcare related clinical experience. Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Adequate conversational English is required in order that the individual be able to take direction from management, understand how to complete job tasks, communicate adequately with patients and co-workers as necessary, understand and follow safety guidelines, and understand the Associate Handbook and all hospital policies. Must be able to successfully identify cardiac rhythms within the initial orientation period.
- Requisition ID: 2019-R0231426
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Market: CHI Saint Joseph Health
Apply on company website