Position Type: Regular
Scheduled Hours per 2 week Pay Period: 80
Primary Location: TN > HARRISON > HARRISON MEDICAL CENTER
Under the direction of the health care provider, Medical Assistant II is responsible for the delivery of patient care that promotes the safety and wellbeing of all patients. Accurately performs preliminary physical tests such as: measures blood pressure, records weight, temperature, pulse and respirations and other measures as directed by established clinical protocols.
- Perform general patient care by following established standards and procedures.
- Greet and prepare patients for the health care provider.
- Obtain and record vital signs including but not limited to, blood pressure, temperature, pulse, respiration, height, weight, drug allergies, and current medications and presenting problem.
- May be required to draw and collect blood samples from patients and prepare specimens for laboratory analysis.
- Administer ordered medications and/or vaccines via oral, injection, topically, rectal, ophthalmic, and/or inhalant administration.
- May perform routine tests including but not limited to EKG's.
- Schedule patients for diagnostic testing and follows up to ensure completion of testing.
- Communicate with patient regarding test results and plan of care by phone or mail as directed by physician.
- Prepare, clean and sterilize instruments and maintain equipment; keep patient exam rooms stocked, clean and orderly; dispose of contaminated items according to protocol.
- Document patient plan(s) of care, tests and examination results in the medical record as directed by the provider.
- Escalate non-routine issues, questions and/or concerns to the practice manager or healthcare provider(s).
- Ensure safety checklists/quality controls are completed as required.
- Provide for patient safety and protection of patient privacy rights.
- Perform other duties as assigned by practice manager, MA Lead or as requested by healthcare provider(s).
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Completion of a Certified Medical Assistant course required
- Current/valid Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) certification required or Registered Medical Assistant (RMA) required if applicable.
- Successfully completed Medication Aide 40-hour course or current/valid Medication Aide certification by state agency required if applicable.
- May require specialized training such as Non-Certified Radiologic Technician (NCT).
- Basic Life Support (BLS) or Advanced Care Life Support (ACLS) required.
- 2 years Medical Assistant experience preferred
- Electronic health record experience preferred
- Demonstrates a commitment to service, organization values and professionalism through appropriate conduct and demeanor at all times.
- Adheres to and exhibits our core values:
- Reverence: Having a profound spirit of awe and respect for all creation, shaping relationships to self, to one another and to God and acknowledging that we hold in trust all that has been given to us.
- Integrity: Moral wholeness, soundness, uprightness, honesty and sincerity as a basis of trustworthiness.
- Compassion: Feeling with others, being one with others in their sorrows and joys, rooted in the sense of solidarity as members of the human community.
- Excellence: Outstanding achievement, merit, virtue; continually surpassing standards to achieve/maintain quality.
- Maintains confidentiality and protects sensitive data at all times.
- Adheres to organizational and department specific safety standards and guidelines.
- Works collaboratively and supports efforts of team members.
- Demonstrates exceptional customer service and interacts effectively with physicians, patients, residents, visitors, staff and the broader health care community.
Catholic Health Initiatives and its organizations are Equal Opportunity Employers
This position requires a criminal background check. Therefore, you may be required to provide information about your criminal history in order to be considered for this position.
- Requisition ID: 2019-R0231660
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Market: CHI Memorial
Apply on company website