This position is for a PRN (As Needed) Non-Certified Chaplin at Flaget Memorial Hospital in Bardstown, KY. Job Summary / Purpose
As part of the interdisciplinary health care team, the chaplain provides expertise regarding the spiritual dimension of human life and healing as it interrelates to illness and death. The chaplain provides extensive and intensive spiritual care to patients, families, and staff from diverse spiritual/religious backgrounds with respect for the dignity and unique experience of each person, helping to ensure whole-person approach to healing.Essential Key Job Responsibilities
1. Works collaboratively with members of the spiritual care department to build a cohesive, spiritually grounded and mutually formative team; covers on-call and holiday shifts as scheduled based on department need
2. Establishes mutually respectful working relationships with staff and physicians from a variety of departments
3. Gathers and evaluates relevant information pertinent to the holistic care of patients and their families
4. Develops and implements spiritual care plans to promote the well-being of patients, including but not limited to crisis intervention, spiritual care and counseling, assistance with religious/spiritual rituals
5. Provides spiritual care and counseling for patients and their families in response to referrals and through proactive rounding
6. Documents assessments and interventions in the Electronic Medical Record
7. Collaborates with other care providers to promote the well-being of patients and their families
8. Provides spiritual care to employees and medical staff through group and individual interactions
9. Respects the confidentiality of information from all sources, including the care recipient, legal, or organizational records, and other care providers
10. Serves as a liaison to community clergy/faith community leaders and collaborates with them in the care for patients and their families
11. Provides spiritual care to the organization in ways consonant with the organization's Core Values and Mission.
12. Provides staff and community education on matters of spirituality and spiritual care
13. Makes referrals to community resources as appropriate
14. Participates in on-call and holiday rotation based on department need
15. Other duties as assigned.
Position Type: PRN
Scheduled Hours per 2 week Pay Period: 0
Primary Location: KY > BARDSTOWN > FLAGET MEMORIAL HOSP
Bachelor's Degree required
Required Licensure and Certifications
One unit of CPE (ACPE, NACC accredited) required. Two or more units preferred.
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Must have strong relationship-building skills and the ability to make and use connections throughout the organization to complete projects and maintain strong partnerships with other departments.
Must demonstrate basic understanding of the Ethical and Religious Directives for Catholic Health Care Services, the ability to apply in concrete situations, and awareness of when and who to contact when greater expertise is needed
Must demonstrate an understanding of various religious / faith traditions and a sensitivity to addressing the needs of persons from those traditions
Must possess an understanding of the human condition across the lifespan, including physical, mental, cognitive, cultural and spiritual differences
Must have strong initiative and be able to gather and analyze information skillfully and be able to brainstorm alternative resources and directions
Must be detail oriented in gathering relevant data while attending to essential details; checks work for accuracy and quality
Must be able to problem-solve by identifying and resolving problems in a timely manner, as well as develop alternative solutions when needed
Must have great flexibility and the ability to continually look for ways to make appropriate adjustments and changes to meet service needs
Must have ability to read, analyze, and interpret common and industry-related documents, including organizational and departmental policies, procedures and handbooks, and safety guidelines
Must have the ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from patients, families, KentuckyOne staff and the general public.
Must have the ability to write reports and presentations that conform to prescribed style and format
Must have ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
Must have the ability to interpret an extensive variety of instructions and deliver successful results
Must have strong working knowledge Microsoft Office products, especially Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Must have the capacity to learn other relevant systems and databases, as needed, including electronic health record, patient demographic/registration system, and timekeeping system
Master's Degree preferred
- Requisition ID: 2019-R0246805
- Schedule: Part-time
- Shift: Variable
- Market: CHI Saint Joseph Health
Apply on company website