Position Type: PRN
Scheduled Hours per 2 week Pay Period: 0
Primary Location: IA > WEST DES MOINES > IHC WEST UNIVERSITY GENERAL SUMMARY:
Under supervision, assists in the delivery of health care and patient care management of Iowa Heart Center's clinic patients.
Reviews medical records and obtains other pertinent information prior to office visit from hospitals and referring physicians' offices.
Prepares patient for exam and facilitates patient flow.
Obtains medical information from patient and documents in medical records.
- Performs tests and procedures as ordered.
- Provides patient/family education.
Writes and prepares prescriptions utilizing and electronic physician signature
- Assists with transfer of patient.
Monitors and stocks medication closets.
Operate required vehicle(s) in a safe manner to perform required duties of the position.
Travels and performs CMA duties with Outreach Clinics as requested.
Completes Iowa Heart Center CMA competencies.
Adaptability to maintain both a high standard of courtesy and cooperation in dealing with co‑workers, patients and visitors, and satisfactory job performance despite the stress of a medical work environment.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Successful completion of a medical assistant program accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Programs (CAAHP) or Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES).
- Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) or Registered Medical Assistant (RMA) certification must be obtained within first year of employment and maintained thereafter.
- Clinic/physician office experience preferred.
- Proof of completion of Mandatory Reporter abuse training specific to population served within three (3) months of hire.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) for the Healthcare Provider certified or obtained by the end of the orientation period (approximately six (6) weeks).
- Valid Driver's/Chauffeurs License required, must meet Mercy's Motor Vehicle Safety Standards, must be at least 18 years of age and be eligible to drive per state law.
- Cardiovascular Medical Terminology class completion within 1 year of hire.
- Requisition ID: 2019-R0257291
- Schedule: Part-time
- Market: Mercy Medical Center
Apply on company website