Company: Catholic Health Initiatives
Location: Baudette, MN
Career Level: Hourly
Industries: Hospitals, Health Care
Position Type: Regular
Scheduled Hours per 2 week Pay Period: 32
Primary Location: MN > BAUDETTE > LAKEWOOD HEALTH CENTER
Provides for the daily cares of residents in the nursing home by performing the following duties:
- Maintains resident's dignity and provides privacy while delivering cares.
- Responsible for mouth care, hair care, nail care on non-diabetics and for shaving residents.
- Residents receive meals in a timely manner. Assists with tray service, feeds residents, gives nourishments, and fluids. Removes bibs, wipes hands and face after meals. Area used for meal is left neat and tidy and dirty dishes are returned to the kitchen.
- Demonstrates knowledge and understanding of the importance and necessity of personal hygiene for residents. Provides bathing and pericare.
- Assists residents with toileting needs via bathroom, commode, urinal, bedpan or incontinence products. (ie: Attends, blue pads and proper pericare.) Bowel and bladder programs are followed.
- Demonstrates knowledge and understanding of the importance of rehab techniques to maintain or gain optimal resident function. Rehab appliances and equipment are well maintained and applied as indicated.
- Immobile residents are turned and or repositioned every two hours. Proper body alignment and positioning of residents is observed.
- Responsible to document care provided in Momentum Care Touch charting application.
- Receives resident for admission. Assists with orientation of the resident to the room and the facility. Completes inventory of valuables and vital signs as directed by the charge nurse. Reports to the charge nurse any pertinent information about the resident and family
- Assists with transfer and discharge of residents per instructions of charge nurse. Assists with packing personal items and clearing the unit for cleaning.
- Provides care for residents in isolation precautions. Demonstrates knowledge of isolation procedures and follows policy and procedures.
- Assists in care of the dying and dead. Maintains an attitude of respect, care and concern for residents and families
- Is aware of and follows resident's care plan. Provides input for the resident's care plan and promptly reports when an approach is difficult to follow or does not appear appropriate.
- Takes vital signs and weights accurately. Information is recorded on the appropriate form. Reports any unusual findings to the charge nurse.
- Accurately calculates Intake & Output and reports all
- I & O's to the charge nurse at the end of the shift. Any decreases or abnormal findings are reported promptly.
- Is observant and promptly reports changes in resident condition to the charge nurse. Reports on conditions of assigned residents at the end of each shift.
- Records resident bowel movements promptly. Is aware of those residents scheduled to receive laxatives or suppositories. Reports to the charge nurse any results to avoid giving medications which are not necessary.
- Collects specimens (urine, stool, sputum) under direction of charge nurse in the appropriate labeled container; does so with infection control measures in mind.
- Participates in socialization activities of the residents.
- Keeps assigned resident rooms neat and orderly. Wipes off over bed tables, bed neat, tidy and the linen clean. Removes dirty dishes. Clothes neat and put away.
- Does routine cleaning of resident areas and utensils.
- That resident call lights are within reach and answers lights promptly and courteously.
- Properly applies and supervises the residents in safety devices as directed by the charge nurse, under the orders of a physician.
- Is aware of the importance of side rails and assures they are in an up position for those residents who need them and have a Dr. order.
- Uses proper lifting techniques and follows established procedures during the course of work.
- Attends staff meetings, offers input for evaluation of new programs and ideas.
- Has an understanding of the telephone system and is able to answer incoming calls.
- Frequently washes hands as outlined in hand washing procedures
- Other duties as assigned
- Must be at least 16 years of age.
- Must be MN Certified Nursing Assistant or planning to obtain certification for the position.
- Requisition ID: 2019-R0212805
- Schedule: Part-time
- Shift: Rotating
- Market: CHI Lakewood Health
Apply on company website