Location: Benson ClinicPosition Type: PRN
Scheduled Hours per 2 week Pay Period: 0
Primary Location: NE > OMAHA > CHC BENSON Medical Support Assistant: Dual role working as a C.N.A. and Receptionist
Job Summary / Job Purpose
Under the direction of the Health Care Provider, responsible for the delivery of general patient care that promotes the safety and well-being of all patients, by following established standards and procedures. Accurately performs preliminary physical tests such as: blood pressure, height/weight, temperature, pulse/respirations and other measures as directed by established clinical protocols. Assist with basic patient care, helping patients with activities of daily living and collaborates with other clinic staff to ensure effective and efficient patient care delivery and the achievement of desired patient outcomes.
• Greet and prepare patients for the health care provider, and assist Physicians and Nursing staff with procedures when necessary.
• Assist Clinical staff in gathering medical history information, and may take and record vital signs, as well as document patient information for medical record including, height, weight, tests and results.
• Prepare, clean and sterilize instruments and maintain equipment/supplies that comply with quality of care while maintaining budget. Keep patient exam rooms stocked, clean and orderly; dispose of contaminated items according to protocol, and may need to maintain a safe and clean laboratory.
• Following completion of training and competency validation may be required to collect blood samples from patients and prepare specimens for lab analysis, perform Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA) - waived and non-waived (moderate complexity) Point-of-care (POC) laboratory tests and procedures and perform Electrocardiograms (EKG).
• May schedule patients for diagnostic testing and follow up to ensure completion of testing.
• Provide for patient safety and protection of patient privacy rights, and ensure safety checklists/quality controls are completed as required.
• Must have the ability to handle work fluctuations and escalate non-routine issues, questions and/or concerns to the Practice Manager or healthcare provider(s).
• May safely transport patients using appropriate equipment within the facility, and follow emergency procedures including CPR, if necessary.
• Perform other duties as assigned by Practice Manager, Nursing staff or as requested by healthcare provider(s).
Job Requirements / Qualifications
Education / Accreditation / Licensure (required & preferred):
• High school diploma or equivalent required.
• Graduate from an accredited Nursing Assistant program required.
• Current/valid CNA certification (Certified Nursing Assistant) required.
• Basic Life Support (BLS) or Advanced Care Life Support (ACLS) required.
• Active or become active on CNA state registry within 90 days of hire required.
Experience (required and preferred):
• 2 years Certified Nurse Assistant experience required.
- Requisition ID: 2019-R0238992
- Schedule: Per Diem
- Shift: Day Job
- Market: CHI Health
Apply on company website