Position Type: Regular
Scheduled Hours per 2 week Pay Period: 80
Primary Location: AR > LITTLE ROCK > ST VINCENT INFIRMARY
This job is responsible for coordinating the day-to-day activities of the Wellness Program for the clients of Arkansas Health Network. The incumbent demonstrates expertise in the subjects of health and wellness, program planning, implementation and evaluation. The incumbent works to promote a holistic culture of wellness, including the overall health, fitness and well-being of the whole individual, with a focus on work-life integration.
Work also involves encouraging positive and proactive behaviors in support of the enterprise-wide strategies and objectives for healthy living and enhanced learning on a range of health-related topics. The incumbent supports the implementation of campaigns associated with the employee wellness program for each client.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: The following section contains representative examples of job duties that might be performed in positions allocated to this job class. FHS is a dynamic organization, and the environment can be fluid. Roles and responsibilities may be altered to accommodate changing business conditions and objectives as well as to tap into the skills and experience of its employees. Accordingly, employees may be asked to perform duties that are outside the specific work that is listed. It is not required that any position perform all duties listed, so long as primary responsibilities are consistent with the work as described. Performance standards developed for incumbents allocated to this job class may also contain relevant job content information and are referenced hereto.
Coordinates, implements and markets the on-site employee wellness program.
• Plans and coordinates the annual biometric screening process.
• Serves as the local market resource for employees in the program. Responds to daily requests and questions.
• Maintains accurate records and ensures confidentiality of data collected through assessment, screenings and health promotion activities.
• Supports the implementation of an annual Wellness Plan that covers the assigned facilities, including proposed budget, outcome measures and return-on-investment analysis.
• References established program baseline data; tracks/reports on key metrics to ensure that programs/initiatives are achieving expected results, while coordinating care with the Arkansas Health Network Care Management team members associated with the group/employer client.
Supports the assessment of local wellness programs in order to determine achievement of system goals with company Wellness initiatives/programs/resources:
• Plans and coordinates an annual health and wellness fair.
• Maintains a comprehensive calendar of wellness activities and on-site campaigns.
• Actively participates in the wellness monthly committee meetings.
Serves as central clearinghouse for information on the client's employee wellness program, collaborates with employer client's Benefits Manager or alternative point of contact on general wellness issues to promote company programs, facilitate employee awareness and support education about healthy lifestyles/behaviors:
• Plans and coordinates meetings, workshops, educational campaigns and other special events/activities (e.g. health fairs, lunch-and-learns, wellness clinics, etc.) to promote or gather health/wellness information in support of program objectives.
• Researches creative approaches to messaging health promotion and wellness information; facilitates creative use of media (e.g. games, challenges, quizzes, etc.); contributes to newsletter content, and other promotional tools and materials.
Works with local and national Wellness Committees to plan and develop programs/resources that provide employees with health education and behavior changes programs that benefit them as individuals and link wellness initiatives with business objectives:
• Organizes and chairs Wellness Committee meetings at client location; identifies and engages on-site wellness “champions” to promote and support activities.
• Makes recommendations for new initiatives/programs/campaigns/incentives and provides ongoing assessments of the success of current initiatives; prepares period progress/status reports and presents to stakeholders; solicits and gains support of stakeholders throughout the organization.
Performs related duties as required.
MINIMUM JOB QUALIFICATIONS: The following section contains representative examples of competencies and job qualifications directly related to successful performance in the position. The categories are broad, reflecting minimum requirements. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all possible requirements nor does it include general competencies, expectations and/or skills that are universally applicable to the work, but are not critical for recruitment purposes or to overall job performance.
Education/Work Experience Requirements
Bachelor's degree in health education, health promotion or wellness-related discipline required. A minimum of three years of work experience that would demonstrate attainment of the requisite job knowledge/abilities, specifically leading group exercise classes and appropriate fitness certification (i.e., ACE, ACSM) preferred and/or any other wellness-related certifications are preferred.
Or any equivalent combination of education and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
• Knowledge of health care issues related to prevention and early detection.
• Knowledge of CHI Standards of Business Conduct, confidentiality and HIPAA regulations.
• Knowledge of and skill in corporate wellness program planning, evaluation and engagement of employees in the various programs.
• Ability to work collaboratively with facility-based wellness committees to identify to plan, develop and implement local wellness programs/resources.
• Ability to work with and relate to diverse groups of people with varying interests and backgrounds.
• Ability to offer information, guidance and support on a wide variety of wellness and well-being concepts, programs and resources.
• Ability to keep abreast of new concepts, standards, programs and delivery systems related to health promotion/education and employee wellness/well-being.
• Ability so set priorities and use good judgment.
• Ability to work under and meet tight deadlines.
• Ability and willingness to work flexible hours as needed. Some evening and weekend work for employee events.
• Ability to work independently and take initiative.
• Ability to plan, coordinate, facilitate and evaluate wellness-themed events and seminars.
• Ability to read, understand and communicate in English sufficient to perform the duties of the position.
• Ability to use office equipment and automated systems/applications/software at an acceptable level.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships as required by the duties of the position.
Certified Worksite Wellness Specialist, Certified Wellness Coach, Certified Corporate Wellness Specialist and/or other wellness-related certifications are preferred.
Physical/Mental Job Requirements
See attached Physical/Functional Job Requirements
Ability to travel 20-25% of the time to client locations.
SECURITY ACCESS: CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION
Incumbents may have access to confidential patient, employee and/or organizational information as it applies to their job responsibilities and must comply with the terms of FHS policies in protecting that information.
STANDARD PRECAUTIONS STATEMENT:
Uses Standard Precautions including personal protective equipment for anticipated contact with blood or other potentially infectious materials.
It is essential that incumbents be able to support the values of the Franciscan Health System/Catholic Health Initiatives and interact effectively with physicians, patients, visitors and staff. Each employee is expected to demonstrate a commitment to service, hospital values, and professionalism through appropriate conduct and demeanor at all times.
REVERENCE: Awe, respect and love—the essence of our ministry
1. Treat all members of the hospital community with respect as unique, valued individuals and provide the highest level of service to everyone regardless of who they are.
2. Listen, show empathy and understand other people's feelings, perceptions, and points of view.
3. Create an environment where people feel supported and can safely express needs and issues so we can respond to them.
4. Consider the impact of decisions, processes, actions, and outcomes on the patients, families, employees, and physical environment
INTEGRITY: Trust, honesty, wholeness, commitment
1. Communicate effectively by giving clear and truthful messages, by fully sharing information people need to do their job, and by expressing my ideas, opinions, and reactions constructively.
2. Look for solutions rather than complaining when I encounter problems.
3. Care for all the resources entrusted to me with as much care as I show my own. Resources include people, traditions, time, money, equipment, and facilities.
4. Be ethical in my behaviors, including avoiding any conflict of interest or appearance of conflict of interest.
COMPASSION: Caring deeply for all people, especially for the poor
1. Contribute positively to the healing environment and mission of Franciscan Health System and Catholic Health Initiatives.
2. Be responsive to people and issues promptly and appropriately.
3. Go directly, as soon as possible, to individuals to resolve problems, issues and conflicts and then let it go.
4. Behave in a professional, collaborative, supportive manner regardless of my personal feelings.
5. Maintain the confidentiality and privacy of patients, visitors, co-workers and the organization.
EXCELLENCE: Innovation, quality, collaboration and stewardship.
1. Encourage and support innovative ideas and ways of doing things that promote resource management and generation of new resources.
2. Seek feedback and give others constructive feedback.
3. Demonstrate that helping is our business through good service behavior, especially a genuine willingness to assist.
4. Maintain a high level of competence, continue to grow in skill, and encourage others to do so also.
5. Support quality performance by others through frequent encouragement and recognition of contribution and efforts.
- Requisition ID: 2019-R0220663
- Schedule: Full-time
- Market: CHI St. Vincent
Apply on company website