Director, Clinical Pharmacy Programs (Inpatient and Ambulatory)Position Type: Regular, Full-time Shift Schedule: Mon - Fri, 8:00am - 4:30pm
Scheduled Hours per 2 week Pay Period: 80
Primary Location: Tacoma, WA
Who We Are:
CHI Franciscan Health has exciting and rewarding careers with competitive salaries and benefits. We are a family of hospitals, health care services, and medical providers delivering compassionate care to people throughout the South Puget Sound. We are part of Catholic Health Initiatives, one of the largest not-for-profit health care systems in the country.
Our mission is to deliver high quality care that meets our patients' medical needs while providing emotional and spiritual support to patients and their families. We believe this three-part approach — physical, emotional, and spiritual — is essential to healing the whole person. Come join our team!
What We Have To Offer:
• Opportunity to join a Pharmacy Leadership Team with the best Pharmacy Leaders in Healthcare
• Faith-based culture with commitment to our Core Values of Reverence, Integrity, Compassion and Excellence where we value positive team players
• Competitive wages, incentives and a generous employee benefits program
About This Position:
• This position is responsible for the development, oversight, implementation and evaluation of pharmacy clinical programs (inpatient and ambulatory) for the Pacific Northwest division of CHI Franciscan Health. The role also manages the medication reconciliation program across the hospital sites in the division. This position will have 25 direct reports.
• Manages the clinical programs and resources of all hospital facilities in the Pacific Northwest for current clinical dosing guidelines and services. This position works closely with the Clinical Pharmacist Specialists that we have in place to have front-line leaders responsible for identification and development of practice improvements. This is a progressive pharmacy department with robust clinical services in place at all local facilities.
• Manages the clinical pharmacy ambulatory services, including working with the Supervisor for daily operational oversight of our 21 clinic locations (Anticoagulation, Primary Care, and Specialty Care)
• Oversees the PNW medication reconciliation program, including managing the site-based staff engaged in the collection, generation and reconciliation of accurate medication lists for patients in the emergency department, operating room and inpatient beds for all CHI Franciscan Health locations
What We Are Looking For:
• Bachelors of Science degree from an accredited school of pharmacy, including didactic courses and experiential rotations in pharmaceutical care
• Attainment of a PharmD degree is preferred
• 7 years of related work experience that would demonstrate attainment of the requisite job knowledge/abilities, including five years in a management/leadership capacity
• Current licensure as a registered pharmacist by the Washington State Pharmacy Quality Assurance Commission
• Current healthcare provider BLS Certification
• Completion of a post-graduate pharmacy residency is preferred
- Requisition ID: 2019-R0244803
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Market: CHI-Franciscan System Services
Apply on company website