Facility: St. Anthony Hospital
Location: Gig Harbor, WA
Job Status: Part Time
Starting wage of $15.00/hour!
CHI Franciscan Health has exciting and rewarding careers with competitive salaries and benefits. We are a family of hospitals, health care services, and medical providers delivering compassionate care to people throughout the South Puget Sound. We are part of Catholic Health Initiatives, one of the largest not-for-profit health care systems in the country.
Our mission is to deliver high quality care that meets our patients' medical needs while providing emotional and spiritual support to patients and their families. We believe this three-part approach — physical, emotional, and spiritual — is essential to healing the whole person. Come join our team!
Provides basic and specialty cleaning services to all areas of the hospital, including patient rooms, offices, hallways, floors and public environments (as assigned) in order to maintain the hospital in a sanitary, safe and attractive condition. Incumbents also collect and transport infectious and regular trash. Incumbents may also be responsible for unloading, replenishing and distributing linen goods according to pre-established quota and par-levels and removing soiled linen from chute rooms and/or other designated areas. Work is performed independently and in accordance with FHS standards and procedures.
- Performs daily cleaning and/or linen delivery tasks as assigned, following all FHS policies and procedures. Cleaning tasks may include, but are not limited to: dusting, cleaning and disinfecting vents, furniture, woodwork, bathroom fixtures, showers, whirlpools and portable equipment; washing and making beds; cleaning and disinfecting operating and delivery rooms; washing ceilings and walls; sweeping and mopping hallways, stairwells and public areas; cleaning sinks and toilets; spot-cleaning, shampooing and/or vacuuming carpets. Performs work operating manual, battery-powered and electric equipment. Cleans and maintains equipment such as cleaning cart and janitor's closet. May unload clean linen carts, deliver linen supplies, stock linens and remove soiled linens as assigned. May order weekly cleaning supplies and chemicals for assigned areas.
- Wears prescribed protective gear (i.e., gloves, goggles) appropriate to assignment and observes and participates in all hospital-required Safety, Risk Management, and Infection Control practices, including hand washing/hand sanitizing protocols.
- Gathers and disposes of garbage, waste, soiled linen and infectious and regular trash in the prescribed manner.
Any combination of education and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
Important Note: Nicotine (including cigarettes, gum, patches, vapors, etc…) and marijuana is part of our pre-employment drug screen. Additional Information
- Requisition ID: 2019-R0262420
- Schedule: Part-time
- Shift: Evening Job
- Market: CHI-Franciscan St. Anthony Hospital
Apply on company website