Position Type: PRN
Scheduled Hours per 2 week Pay Period: 0
Primary Location: OR > PENDLETON > ST ANTHONY HOSPITAL
This position is responsible for maintaining a clean, safe, hazard-free environment for patients, visitor and healthcare workers. This position performs various cleaning tasks to provide patients, visitors and healthcare worker with a safe and clean environment in accordance to the Hospital's Infection Control Standards.Essential Key Job Responsibilities
- Will wash, scrub, dust, polish, vacuum, mop, disinfect patient rooms, treatment/exam rooms, clean bathrooms; scrub sinks and showers; service and clean staff areas, offices, corridors, utility rooms, tiles, windows, blinds, furniture, mirrors, fixtures, walls, doors, refrigerators, etc., empties wastepaper baskets and replenishes supplies, such as paper towels, toilet tissue, soap, etc
- Properly handles chemicals per MSDS and uses the proper personal protection equipment.
- Upon dismissal of a patient, in addition to above, strip the room, properly dispose of linen and trash, clean and disinfect bed, frame, mattress and pillow, remake bed, (follow Policies and Procedures for discharge unit.)
- Maintains supplies for area, keeping cart properly stocked and neat, organizes areas, records terminal cleaning of dismissals on chart at Nurses' station, report light bulbs that need replacing, broken or malfunctioning equipment, furniture or other items requiring repair.
- Properly labels and removes infectious waste bags and containers.
- Upon Department Head request will train employees. Will keep Department Head apprised of trainee progress.
- Maintains equipment i.e., carts, vacuums, etc. keeping them clean and in good working order. Reports malfunctioning equipment and items needing repair in a timely manner.
- Participates in replacing sharp containers, transports trash and refuse and removes empty boxes.
- Cross trains and works in Linen Distribution as needed by the department
- Performs other related duties as assigned or required.
- Uses work time efficiently and manage time effectively to minimize waste
- Other duties as assigned by management.
Required Education (for CHI Leadership Job Levels from Supervisor through President)
Does Not ApplyRequired Education for Staff Job Levels
High school graduate or equivalent preferred.
Required Licensure and Certifications
None. May require a current driver's license if candidate cleans off-site facilities.
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Ability to learn, understand and be capable of carrying out routine duties or assignments. Ability to push and pull carts. Be knowledgeable of the Universal Precautions, OSHA Blood borne Pathogen Standards and Department Safety Standards. Must possess knowledge of how to apply good body mechanics to avoid injury. Ability to clearly exchange information, both verbal and written, in English.PREFERRED Qualifications
Previous experience preferred; on-the-job training is provided.Age of Patients Served
Does PATIENT AGE
Apply to Role?
- Requisition ID: 2019-R0258262
- Schedule: Part-time
- Market: CHI St. Anthony Hospital - Pendleton
Apply on company website