Company: Catholic Health Initiatives
Location: Madisonville, TX
Career Level: Associate
Industries: Healthcare, Pharmaceutical, Biotech
Email me to apply later
Position Type: PRN
Scheduled Hours per 2 week Pay Period: 0
Primary Location: TX > MADISONVILLE > SJH MADISON HOSPITAL
- JOB SUMMARY
- Prepares and delivers high quality, tasteful and attractive food and meals for the patients, guests, employees, staff, catering and special functions. Washes trays, dishes, pots and pans. Stocks deliveries in storerooms, refrigerators and freezers. Relieves the cook and maintains highstandards of quality food production and portion control, reads standardized recipes and menus in English, and prepares appropriate quantities of food needed to meet menu and nutritional requirements. Communicates effectively with the Dietitian and Nutrition Services Manager to assure optimal nutritional care for patients and the highest quality foodservice for patients, employees, staffand visitors. Calculates and records meal intakes and screening levels of nutritional of patients and documenting in medical records on the computer. Weekend work hours are required.
- Required: High school diploma orequivalent (GED)
- Preferred: High school diploma orequivalent (GED)
- Required: None
- Preferred: None
- Required: Minimal/no experience
- Preferred: One to two years
- Required: None
- Preferred: Cooking experience in hospital, long-term care or commercial foodservice
- Required: None
- Preferred: None
- Prepares all foods, assembles meal trays and thaws meat properly in sufficient quantities, in adequate portion sizes and in a timely manner to meet service schedules for patients, employees, guests, staff, catering and special functions.
- Reads menus, standardized recipes and the diet manual written in English and/or on the computer and produces high quality food items served at proper temperatures and garnished. Proper tasting and the ability to smell are essential job functions.
- Demonstrates good handwashing techniques, washes pots and pans in two compartment deep sink, washes dishes, silverware and trays in dishmachine and assists with proper storage of foodservice ware after washing to maintain proper sanitation and a safe and clean work area.
- Reviews diet census, if necessary verifies diet orders with nursing or in medical records, updates diet cardex, writes tray cards, completes menu tallies and meal counts to assure that therapeutic diets are correctly served and that patient food and beverage likes, dislikes, intolerances and food allergies,as well as cultural and spiritual food preferences are honored.
- Labels, delivers and monitors the acceptance, storage, expiration dates and safety of between meal and HS (Bedtime) snacks on the computer in a timely and accurate manner.
- Records temperatures of refrigeration equipment, food and dishmachine according to policy and procedure to maintain safe foodservice operations. Reports temperatures not in compliance immediately to POM and Dietitian or Nutrition Services Manager.
- Stock food and supply deliveries in storerooms, refrigerators, freezers and Nourishment Station to assure that food and nutrition products are prepared under proper conditions or sanitation, temperature, light, moisture, ventilation and security. Follows first in first out and monitors for expiration dates. Stores food and supplies at least 6 inches off the floor and 15 inches for the ceiling for safety, ventilation and sanitation.
- Comes to work as scheduled and consistently demonstrates punctuality, works cooperatively with Nutrition Services Team Members, other departments and employees.
- Performs other duties as assigned to meet the organization`s needs.
- Delivers and picks up patient meal trays and ice water to and from patient rooms. Walking, standing, pushing carts, reaching for and balancing trays are essential job functions. Calculates and records meal intakes on the computer in a timely and accurate manner.
- May relieve the cook and prepares foods in sufficient quanities in a timely and efficient manner to cover all foodservice requirements, including patients, employees and guest who order trays and special functions to meet all service schedules. Proper tasting and the ability to smell are essential job functions.
- Cleans the dining room tables, the employee restroom, sinks and stocks the Coffee Shop.
- Sweeps all areas of Nutrition Services and performs other cleaning duties as assigned on the cleaning schedule. Properly disposes of trash.
- In the absence of the Nutrition Services Manager, visits patients within 24 hours of admission for food and beverage likes, food allergies, dislikes and intolerances and provides diet and food, Coumadin, drug and herbal interaction education information and documents education/teaching online. Always use AIDET when visiting patients.
- Notifies and collaborates with Dietitian within 24 hours of patient's admission about nutrition consultation orders, medical nutrition therapy orders, patients screened at high and medium priority for nutritional risk and enteral feeding.
- Performs other duties as assigned in a competent and courteous manner.
- Requisition ID: 2019-R0235807
- Schedule: Per Diem
- Shift: Variable
- Market: CHI St. Joseph Health
Apply on company website