Location: LaVista Clinic, 96th and Giles
Licensed Practical Nurse, LPN
Job Summary / Job Purpose
Under the supervision of a Registered Nurse or Physician, Licensed Practical Nurse functions as a vital member of the healthcare team who contributes to the success of the practice by demonstrating customer/patient focus, effective communication, professionalism, and teamwork. Utilizes the nursing process to assess, plan, implement, and evaluate comprehensive care provided to selected patient populations and their families.
• Performs basic nursing care to patients by following established standards and procedures.
• Collects patient data such as vital signs; notes how the patient looks and acts, or responds to stimuli, and reports this information accordingly.
• Prepares and administers injections, performs routine tests, treats wounds, and changes bandages.
• Prepares patient records and files using established medical record forms/automated systems and documentation practices.
• Administers certain prescribed medications, and monitors and documents treatment progress and patient response.
• Participates in the implementation and evaluation of patient care based on practice guidelines, standards of care, and federal/state laws and regulations.
• Monitors and documents treatment progress and patient response.
• Conveys information to patients and families about health status, health maintenance, and management of acute and chronic conditions.
• Participates in teams to improve patient care processes and outcomes.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Job Requirements / Qualifications
Education / Accreditation / Licensure (required & preferred):
• Must be a graduate of an accredited school of practical nursing program.
• Must have current/valid Licensed Practical Nurse license from the state licensing board.
• Must have current healthcare provider CPR (Basic Life Support) certification.
• Must Complete IV Therapy Course
Experience (required and preferred):
• 1 year experience in a clinic or acute hospital nursing setting required Additional Information
- Requisition ID: 1900001383
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Market: CHI Health
Apply on company website