Full Time, 7a-7p, Saint Joseph Hospital
JOB SUMMARY / PURPOSE
Responsible for providing nursing care and care coordination to assigned patients under the supervision of the RN. This may involve the administration of medications and treatments and education in accordance with physician's orders and established nursing policies and procedures.
ESSENTIAL KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Assumes responsibility for acquiring knowledge and skills necessary for patient care in the identified practice setting.
2. Performs assessment and analyzes patient problems and conditions using critical decision making to determine need for standard, urgent or emergent interventions.
3. Implements and/or modifies plan of care using assessment data, standards of care and evidence based practice inclusive of nursing care coordination, appropriate patient and family education, and discharge planning. Facilitates interdisciplinary partnership in patient care. (as appropriate for an LPN)
4. Integrates ethical provisions in nursing practice and delivers care in a manner that preserves and protects patient autonomy, dignity and rights.
5. Evaluates progress towards attainment of desired patient outcomes.
6. Demonstrates effective on-going observations and reassessment of patient/family and their response to the interventions and changes in condition.
7. Practices patient experience best practices of AIDET, Hourly Rounding, and Use of the White Board as minimal expectations. May also practice bedside shift report and other best practices required by facility.
8. Documents assessments and interventions in accordance with hospital policy and standards of care.
9. Performs all aspects of patient care in an environment that optimizes patient safety and reduces the likelihood of medical/health care errors. Demonstrates knowledge of proper identification of and reporting of medical/healthcare errors. Protects the patient in the event of a medical/health care error.
10. Utilizes resources appropriately and follows facility guidelines for documentation and charging of medical supplies and equipment.
11. Assigns or delegates tasks to designated support personnel based on needs and conditions of the patient, complexity of the task, predictability of the outcome and facility policy.
12. Collaborates with new employees and peers to support orientation, training and development opportunities. Supports the profession of nursing through support for nursing student clinical activities, as appropriate.
Required Education for Staff Job Levels Graduate of an accredited school of nursing required.
Required Licensure and Certifications Current LPN license in the State of Kentucky. BLS required. See attached grid for required certifications.
- Requisition ID: 2020-R0278743
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Night Job
- Market: CHI Saint Joseph Health
Apply on company website