Position Type: Regular
Scheduled Hours per 2 week Pay Period: 80
Primary Location: IA > DES MOINES > MERCY MEDICAL CENTER
GENERAL SUMMARY: Operates and insures correct, effective operation of stationary engines, steam boilers and accessories, central chilled water plant, building management systems and mechanical equipment to provide services to the hospital.
- Operates, adjusts, and regulates steam boilers, compressors, generators, pumps, chillers, cooling towers and building management systems.
- Observes steam-flow meters, carbon dioxide meters, pressure and draft gauges and adjust valves to attain reading within specified requirements.
- Periodically records readings in the logbook.
- Removes and tests water to determine hardness. Conducts other chemical checks on water and adjusts chemicals as needed.
- Is responsible for oiling and greasing moving mechanisms, maintaining proper water condition in boilers and cleaning boilers.
- Observes state and local regulations such as periodically shutting down boilers and inspecting interiors for scale deposits.
- Detects warning signals and machinery malfunctions by sound.
- Has responsibility for the functioning of the emergency generators and their periodic testing
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE. SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED), required.
- Specialized or technical training.
- Two years experience in a power plant setting.
- Licensed within the city of Des Moines as a First Class Stationary Engineer preferred.
- Considerable knowledge of the processed and techniques of boiler operation and generating equipment.
- Standard medical and nursing equipment, special equipment or office equipment found in the assigned area.
- Requisition ID: 2019-R0251893
- Schedule: Full-time
- Market: Mercy Medical Center
Apply on company website