Company: Catholic Health Initiatives
Location: Madisonville, TX
Career Level: Entry Level
Industries: Hospitals, Health Care
Schedule: 7:30pm - 6:00am
Primary Location: TX > MADISONVILLE > SJH MADISON HOSPITAL
- JOB SUMMARY
- Responsible for the analysis of laboratory specimens and subsequent result reporting according to laboratory protocol and procedures to fulfill the requests of the prescribing physician. Performs clinical testing in any or all of the following laboratory areas: blood bank, chemistry, coagulation, hematology, immunology, microbiology, and urinalysis. The technologist works independently, organizing work to meet established deadlines.
- Required: Post High School Education or equivalent experience
- Preferred: Bachelor's Degree
- Required: Science
- Preferred: Medical Technology, Clinical Laboratory Science, or Medical Laboratory Science.
- Required: N/A
- Preferred: 1-2 years
- Required: N/A
- Preferred: N/A
- Required: MT (ASCP), (NAACLS) or equivalent
- Preferred: Training in an ASCP School of Medical Technology or equivalent experience
- Performs in all assigned areas of the laboratory. Provides accurate and appropriate testing of specimens received in the laboratory, according to established laboratory protocol and procedures to fulfill the requests of the prescribing physician.
- Reports test results in a timely manner and according to established laboratory protocol and procedures to ensure that all patients receive appropriate treatment promptly.
- Follows established procedures for laboratory quality control and reports discrepancies to the appropriate supervisor to guarantee the lab maintains utmost quality.
- Performs daily, weekly, monthly, or as needed maintenance on instruments and equipment as appropriate, to ensure that all equipment is in working order. Performs calibration of equipment as required. Troubleshoots instruments, equipment, reagents, and patient specimens when problems occur. Notifies the supervisor if unable to solve the problem.
- Attends educational conferences and seminars to stay abreast of laboratory methodology, instrumentation, procedures, and policies to offer the highest quality testing to the laboratory.
- Dependable and is punctual as defined by department policy to ensure that work is started and completed on time. Follows department rules regarding scheduling and schedule changes. Demonstrates willingness to adjust schedule to meet departmental needs. Takes calls according to department policy.
- Complies with established laboratory and hospital policies for universal precautions and safety procedures to protect all patients and staff. When handling blood and/or body fluids, standard precaution procedures will be followed in order to minimize exposure to infectious diseases. Safety policies and procedures will be followed when using chemicals.
- Demonstrates respect and regard for the dignity of all patients, families, visitors, and fellow employees to ensure a professional, responsible, and courteous environment.
- Reads and follows all organizational and departmental policies and procedures to remain in good standing with the organization and leads by example. Assists in updating policy and procedure manuals.
- Attends all required safety training programs to stay abreast of latest safety precautions and procedures, and can describe his or her responsibilities related to general safety, department/service safety, and specific job related hazards. Follows the hospital exposure control plans/blood borne and airborne pathogens.
- Performs other duties as assigned to meet the organization`s needs.
- Requisition ID: 2019-R0233441
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Rotating
- Market: CHI St. Joseph Health
Apply on company website