PRN, 7P-7A, Saint Joseph Mount Sterling Job Summary: This job is responsible for performing surveillance of cardiac rhythms at a central monitoring station, and for recognizing, recording and reporting potentially dangerous rhythm changes and arrhythmias in accordance with established standards and procedures. Work is performed under the direction of a Registered Nurse. An incumbent also performs general receptionist/clerical tasks that are incidental to the primary purpose of the position.
- Monitors patient's cardiac rhythms using appropriate cardiac monitoring equipment; obtains a baseline ECG strip on all monitored patients each shift; records and posts cardiac strips in accordance with established procedures; replaces electrode pads, wires and batteries as necessary.
- Recognizes rhythms with the potential to alter the patient's physiology and obtains a documentary ECG strip; immediately reports all arrhythmias to the RN responsible for the patient in accordance with established protocols.
- Maintains current knowledge of the technical operation and capabilities of the central monitoring station; maintains alarm systems according to established protocols and responds appropriately to monitor alarms; identifies/troubleshoots routine technical problems with the monitors and sends work orders for maintenance/Biomed repairs as necessary.
- Enters orders into information system and onto appropriate forms so that patient information is current and communicates orders to involved department(s) as necessary.
- Cleans and stores units between use; reconciles units in use and units available at the start of each shift; maintains supply of monitor accessory packs (e.g. electrodes, patient carriers and batteries).
- Processes all admissions, discharges, transfers, and charges within the assigned unit; assembles new patient charts; reviews and updates patient charts as required to keep current.
- Updates and verifies patient data in information system; maintains unit-specific records (e.g. unit log books, staffing sheets, chart audits, etc) as assigned.
- Performs receptionist duties at the assigned station; handles incoming and outgoing communications, answers questions and assists visitors in accordance with established procedures.
- Maintains satisfactory physical environment in the nursing station; orders supplies and maintains inventories; keeps unit stocked, neat, and organized per established standards.
- Adheres to unit's safety, risk management and Standard Precautions for contact, airborne and droplet infections.
- High School diploma or equivalent is required.
- Completion/Passing of a course in Telemetry monitoring preferred.
- Previous hospital experience in telemetry monitoring preferred.
- BLS preferred.
- Demonstrates a commitment to service, organization values and professionalism through appropriate conduct and demeanor at all times.
- Adheres to and exhibits our core values:
Reverence: Having a profound spirit of awe and respect for all creation, shaping relationships to self, to one another and to God and acknowledging that we hold in trust all that has been given to us.
Integrity: Moral wholeness, soundness, uprightness, honesty and sincerity as a basis of trustworthiness.
Compassion: Feeling with others, being one with others in their sorrows and joys, rooted in the sense of solidarity as members of the human community.
Excellence: Outstanding achievement, merit, virtue; continually surpassing standards to achieve/maintain quality.
- Maintains confidentiality and protects sensitive data at all times.
- Adheres to organizational and department specific safety standards and guidelines.
- Works collaboratively and supports efforts of team members.
- Demonstrates exceptional customer service and interacts effectively with physicians, patients, residents, visitors, staff and the broader health care community.
- Requisition ID: 2019-R0246502
- Schedule: Per Diem
- Shift: Night Job
- Market: CHI Saint Joseph Health
Apply on company website