Job Summary / Purpose
The occupational therapist (OT) delivers quality therapy services to patients by performing evaluations and developing individual treatment plans and goals to maximize functional outcomes. Services are delivered to both inpatients and outpatients of all ages within the framework of an interdisciplinary team approach including the patient, significant others and medical professionals.Essential Key Job Responsibilities
1. Evaluates/assesses patients in a systematic and thorough manner; establishes appropriate treatment plans and goals within specified time frames; administers appropriate treatments; knowledge and skill in therapeutic exercises, modalities, rehab equipment, manual techniques, transfers, and ADLs
2. Interprets orders from physicians and other referral sources.
3. Maintains timely and accurate medical records. Completes reports in an organized, thorough and timely manner.
4. Fosters communication with other therapists, physicians, nurses, and other hospital personnel to establish appropriate care. Attends meetings as needed.
5. Completes all patient and family education; provides information on outside resources to meet the patient's specific needs.
6. Recommend special equipment, such as wheelchairs and eating aids, and instruct patients on how to use that equipment.
7. Assists with teaching/training of new/current personnel.Non-essential Job Responsibilities
1. Other duties as assigned by management.
Required Education (for CHI Leadership Job Levels from Supervisor through President)
Does Not Apply
Required Licensure and Certifications
North Dakota Occupational Therapy (OT) License, Basic Life Support (BLS)
Required Education for Staff Job Levels
Bachelor's Degree in Occupational Therapy (OT)
Required Minimum Experience
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Ability to manage multiple priorities
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
Ability to read, analyze and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents
Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community
Ability to collect and analyze data
Ability to use the Internet for research and communications
PREFERRED Education and/or Experience
Master's Degree in Occupational Therapy (OT) preferred. Minimum of two (2) years of experience in similar position.
- Requisition ID: 2019-R0257177
- Schedule: Part-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Market: CHI St. Alexius Health Williston Medical Center
Apply on company website