Job Title: Polysom Tech
Facility: St Clare Hospital
Location: Lakewood, WA
Department: Sleep Disorder Center
Job Type: 0.9 FTE (36 hrs/wk)
Shift: (Daily Schedule in excel)
Important Note: Nicotine (including cigarettes, gum, patches, vapors, etc…) and marijuana is part of our pre-employment drug screen
CHI Franciscan Health has exciting and rewarding careers with competitive salaries and benefits. We are a family of hospitals, health care services, and medical providers delivering compassionate care to people throughout the South Puget Sound. We are part of Catholic Health Initiatives, one of the largest not-for-profit health care systems in the country.
Our mission is to deliver high quality care that meets our patients' medical needs while providing emotional and spiritual support to patients and their families. We believe this three-part approach — physical, emotional, and spiritual — is essential to healing the whole person. Come join our team!
Performs diagnostic sleep procedures for patients as ordered by a physician, and in accordance with established protocols, standards and practices.
- Ensures patients are set up for sleep studies by directly applying or overseeing the application of recording devices to the patient in accordance with department standards and procedures.
- Records/monitors polysomnogram and/or electroencephalograms.
- Responds with appropriate interventions to ensure patient safety.
- Identifies normal and abnormal cardio-respiratory, neurological, and sleep physiology; recognizes and reports pathology that requires treatment.
- Administers oxygen and nasal continuous positive airway pressure and employs ventilator assist devices in accordance with established protocols.
- Performs special procedures such as multiple sleep latency testing and patient education, EEG recording to include wake and sleep, nasopharyngeal, bedside, isolation, and electro-cerebral inactivity evaluations.
- Scores data and generates reports that accurately and concisely summarize the patient's sleep / wake stages, respiratory events, cardiac events, limb movement, arousal analysis, and other clinical events; sends to the physician for interpretation.
- Performs maintenance and minor repair of laboratory equipment and reports needs for major repairs.
- Cleans/sanitizes equipment.
- Successful completion of an American Board of Sleep Medicine (AMSM) accepted educational program leading to an Associate degree with an emphasis in polysomnography, OR
- Successful completion of a polysomnography program of no less than one year duration associated with a state licensed and /or nationally accredited educational facility OR
- equivalent experience and documented proficiency at all competencies that demonstrates attainment of the requisite job knowledge skills/abilities required.
- Certification by the Board of Registered Polysomnographic Technologists (BRPT) as a Registered Polysomnographic Technologist (RPSGT).
- Current registration as an EEG Technician through the American Board of Registration of Electroencephalographic and Evoked Potential Technologists (ABRET) preferred.
- Current healthcare provider BLS certification required.
- Requisition ID: 2019-R0254037
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Night Job
- Market: CHI-Franciscan St. Clare Hospital
Apply on company website