Position Type: Regular
Scheduled Hours per 2 week Pay Period: 80
Primary Location: IA > CLIVE > MERCY WEST
Job Summary/Job Purpose:
Under direct supervision, performs radiographic procedures at a technical level that does not require constant supervision of technical detail in accordance with the scope of training. Responsible for operates radiology equipment to make clinical diagnostic imaging films as directed by physicians and performs routine diagnostic procedures. Assumes the responsibilities and the performance of acts within the educational background of the Limited Scope of Practice in Radiology.
• Schedule outpatient tests and procedures at hospitals via telephone. Explain simple tests and preparation required to patient.
• Position patients and adjust equipment for taking diagnostic images following established procedures.
• Follow safety principles, radiation protection, and the general comfort and care of the patient.
• Maintain radiographic log, in accordance with the policy, taking responsibility for documentation of exam, patient's name, and/or retake reason.
• Record test results and monitors patient data.
• Maintain accurate department records to satisfy both the state and federal regulations.
• Maintain separate report on all diagnostic radiographs.
• File and maintain shipping and receiving log of radiographs and other diagnostic tests requested.
• Maintain current MSDS forms for radiology department.
• Take x-rays of various portions of the body in order to diagnosis disease or injury.
• Calibrate and maintain x-ray equipment.
• Maintain efficient, organized, and clean work area.
• Report problems or any potential problems to Radiology Supervisor.
• Perform any other duties that may be assigned by healthcare provider or Radiology Supervisor.
Education / Accreditation / Licensure (required & preferred):
• High school diploma or equivalent required.
• Graduate of an accredited Limited Radiology Technology training program required.
• Non-Certified Radiologic Technician (NCT) license issued by state agency or passing the Limited Scope of Practice in Radiography exam issued by ARRT in one of the following modalities required:
- Head, Chest, Core, Spine or Extremities
• Basic Life Support (BLS) or Advanced Care Life Support (ACLS) certification required.
Experience (required and preferred):
• 0 – 2 years related experience preferred.
- Requisition ID: 2019-R0257088
- Schedule: Full-time
- Market: Mercy Medical Center
Apply on company website