Position Type: Regular
Scheduled Hours per 2 week Pay Period: 40
Primary Location: IA > CLIVE > MERCY WEST
Job Summary/Job Purpose:
The Referral Specialist works with patients requiring a referral, to ensure patient's referral needs are fulfilled for specialty service office visits. Processes referrals, authorizations and pre-certifications for patients, to ensure timely reimbursement.
• Gather, verify, and process referrals, authorizations, and pre-certifications by working closely with physician(s), patients, and payers.
• Communicate detailed information and answers patients' questions regarding their health care plan; provide answers to billing and insurance clarification questions.
• Set up appointments, coordinate clinic visits, and any special arrangements such as transportation, interpreter services, specialty care, etc.
• Coordinate flow of information between medical clinic and referral authorization department to secure a valid referral for clinic patient.
• Enter referrals, documents communications and action into the system, as appropriate.
• Notify physician(s) and patient when referral is denied, or if additional information is needed.
• Develop and maintain database of referral physician offices preferred by each physician within the clinic.
• Assist Practice Manager with complaint resolution and solutions related to patient referrals.
• Perform other duties as assigned by the practice manager or physician.
- Education / Accreditation / Licensure (required & preferred):
• High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Experience (required and preferred):
• 2 years of progressively responsible related experience in a healthcare environment required.
- Requisition ID: 2019-R0242250
- Schedule: Part-time
- Market: Mercy Medical Center
Apply on company website