Cancer Registrar (Remote)Position Type: Per Diem Shift Schedule: Flexible Shift Hours/Days Weekends Required: None Holidays Required: None
CHI Franciscan Health has exciting and rewarding careers with competitive salaries and benefits. We are a family of hospitals, health care services, and medical providers delivering compassionate care to people throughout the South Puget Sound. We are part of Catholic Health Initiatives, one of the largest not-for-profit health care systems in the country.
Our mission is to deliver high quality care that meets our patients' medical needs while providing emotional and spiritual support to patients and their families. We believe this three-part approach — physical, emotional, and spiritual — is essential to healing the whole person. Come join our team!
Abstracts cancer registry data, in an efficient and accurate manner, which involves coding and entering patient specific information into the cancer registry database. Incumbents are responsible for collecting, analyzing and reporting data regarding cancer diagnosis, stage, treatment, and outcomes. Work includes follow-up of all patients with a malignancy diagnosis. Work also involves supporting the Tumor Board, the Regional Cancer Program, and physicians and staff.
Work requires knowledge of all aspects of oncology data collection and case abstracting, sufficient to identify and abstract patient data relating to a malignancy diagnosis. Per regulatory requirements, abstracting must be performed by a Certified Tumor Registrar (CTR).
- Conducts case finding, including reviewing database reports, coding summaries, pathology reports, and other data/tools, to evaluate and review each case to determine if case qualifies for inclusion in cancer registry.
Provides accurate abstracting to registry computer database for all reportable cases with correct and complete codes/data, ensuring adherence to data reporting standards and procedures, as well as state and federal requirements.
- Conducts follow-up on cases per standards and policies, to maintain accurate outcomes and patient status.
- Provides data reporting and analysis as requested, meeting timelines and ensuring high-quality data.
- Supports Tumor Board through research, data reporting/analysis, meeting support, or other assigned tasks.
- Cultural Sensitivity and Competence: Demonstrates proper use of communication tools/materials for effective communication and understands how the culture(s) of patient populations can affect communication, collaboration and the provision of care, treatment and services. Patient Population Served: Demonstrates knowledge and proper skills associated with the department's defined specific populations served.
- Adheres to and exhibits our Core Values of Reverence, Integrity, Compassion and Excellence.
Education/Work Experience Requirements
Education/experience necessary to meet the requirements for certification by the National Cancer Registrars Association that demonstrates attainment of the requisite job knowledge skills/abilities which is either:
(1) Successful completion of an NCRA Accredited Formal Education Associate's Degree Program
(2) Successful completion of an NCRA Accredited Formal Education Certificate Program and successful completion of a minimum of an Associate's degree [or equivalent (60 college credits)].
AND EXPERIENCE: Successful completion of 160 hours of work practicum in a CTR-staffed Cancer Registry.
Successful completion of a minimum of an Associate's degree [or equivalent (60 college credits)] including, or in addition to, 2 semesters of ‘Human Anatomy and Human Physiology' college-level coursework.
AND EXPERIENCE: 1,950 hours (equivalent to one year) full-time or equivalent experience in the Cancer Registry field.
Current Certified Tumor Registrar certification by the National Cancer Registrars Association is required and must be continually maintained in good standing.
- Requisition ID: 2019-R0221582
- Schedule: Part-time
- Market: CHI-Franciscan System Services
Apply on company website