Company: Catholic Health Initiatives
Location: Tacoma, WA
Career Level: Mid-Senior Level
Industries: Hospitals, Health Care
Position Type: Regular
Scheduled Hours per 2 week Pay Period: 80
Primary Location: WA > Tacoma > St Joseph Medical Center
This job is responsible for providing cath lab nursing care of adult patient populations undergoing cardiac procedures in the cath lab to include inpatient, outpatient and emergent. Work is performed under standards of safety and care that provide instruction/guidance for taking care of issues and patient needs in the absence of a physician. Requires the use of judgment and critical thinking skills in making decisions regarding patient care (within the scope of practice), including knowledge and integration of available standards, resources and data, and in the efficient utilization of staff/resources. Work involves continuous contact with physicians, patients, patient families, community agencies, patient care staff and management.
- Graduation from an accredited school of nursing, BSN preferred
- One year of related work experience in an acute care setting is preferred.
- If assigned to the Procedure area - previous cardiac cath Lab experience or a minimum of two years experience within the past three years in an acute care setting, i.e., ICU, PCU, PACU ER.
- Intra-Aortic Balloon Pump experience preferred.
- Current licensure as a Registered Nurse issued by the Washington State Board of Nursing.
- Current Healthcare BLS Certification
- Current Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification or within six months of hire
- CCRN (Certification in Adult Critical Care) RN preferred
- IV competency must be attained within four months, training is available.
Join us at Catholic Health Initiatives, and become a part of our faith-based health system. Additional Information
- Requisition ID: 2019-R0252276
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Market: CHI-Franciscan St. Joseph Medical Center
Apply on company website