Position Type: Regular
Scheduled Hours per 2 week Pay Period: 40
Primary Location: Emergency / Highline Medical Center / Burien WA
Your time at work should be fulfilling. Rewarding. Inspiring. That's what you'll find when you join one of our non-profit CHI facilities across the nation. You'll find challenging, rewarding work every day alongside people who have as much compassion as you. Join us and together we'll create healthier, stronger communities. Imagine your career at Catholic Health Initiatives!
The 115-bed hospital is a level IV trauma center, state of the art Emergency department within the last 5 years. Our Emergency Department has 32 beds divided into pods with 2 trauma bays. We serve a diverse population to include stroke and cardiac certified, 23% pediatrics. Assignments are based on acuity, our RN ratios are 3:1 or 4:1 with Emergency Room Tech support. We are most proud of our high diversity, community oriented teamwork and the quality of care we deliver to our patients.
What We Have To Offer To You:
- The opportunity to work as a member of an excellent team that treats a variety of patients, including stroke center and cardiac center patients.
- De-escalation training
- 8, 10 and 12-hour shift options
- No on-call time required
- Financial support for specialty certifications
- Tuition assistance for advanced degrees
- Opportunities for career growth within the growing and highly successful CHI Franciscan Health system
- Competitive wages, incentives and a generous employee benefits program
Job Requirements We are looking for a responsible and compassionate Registered Nurse with top-notch clinical skills, a caring attitude, and the ability to work independently with minimal supervision. It is also important to display excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills as well as the ability to effectively educate patients and their families on the in-home healthcare process.
Additional requirements for this role include:
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing. Bachelor of Science in Nursing is preferred
- One year of related work experience is preferred
- Current State Licensure as a Registered Nurse is required
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) Certification within sixty days of hire, and maintained as current thereafter.
- Current Healthcare BLS Certification.
- Completion of a NRP (Neonatal Resuscitation Provider) class is required at sites that do not provide labor and delivery services within twelve months of date of hire and must be maintained as current thereafter.
- Trauma Nurse Core Curriculum (TNCC) within twelve months of date of hire. Certification must be maintained as current thereafter.
- National Institutes of Health Strokes Scale (NIHSS) certification within six months of date of hire, and maintained as current thereafter.
- Emergency Nurse Pediatric Certification (ENPC) OR Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) within twelve months of date of hire. Certification(s) must be maintained as current thereafter.
- Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) and/or Certified Emergency Nurse (CEN) certification is preferred.
Join us at Catholic Health Initiatives, and become a part of our faith-based health system. Additional Information
- Requisition ID: 2019-R0220309
- Schedule: Part-time
- Shift: Evening Job
- Market: CHI-Franciscan Highline Medical Center
Apply on company website