Position Type: Regular
Scheduled Hours per 2 week Pay Period: 40
Primary Location: KY > LEXINGTON > SAINT JOSEPH HOSPITAL Job Summary / Purpose
Provides nursing care according to the nursing process, including assessment, diagnosis, planning, implementing and evaluating. Implements appropriate nursing care interventions. Administers medications and treatments in accordance with physician orders and established nursing policies and procedures. Care provided is based on defined standards of patient care and nursing evidence-based practice.Essential Key Job Responsibilities
- Assumes responsibility for acquiring knowledge and skills necessary for patient care in the identified practice setting.
- Performs assessment and analyzes patient problems and conditions using critical decisioning to determine need for standard, urgent or emergent interventions.
- Implements and/or modifies plan of care using assessment data, standards of care and evidence based practice inclusive of nursing care coordination, appropriate patient and family education, and discharge planning. Facilitates interdisciplinary partnership in patient care.
- Integrates ethical provisions in nursing practice and delivers care in a manner that preserves and protects patient autonomy, dignity and rights.
- Administers medications, IV therapy, and treatments in compliance with policies and procedures.
- Evaluates progress towards attainment of desired patient outcomes.
- Demonstrates effective on-going observations and reassessment of patient/family and their response to the interventions and changes in condition.
- Documents assessments and interventions in accordance with hospital policy and standards of care.
- Utilizes resources appropriately and follows facility guidelines for documentation and charging of medical supplies and equipment.
- Assigns or delegates tasks to designated support personnel based on needs and conditions of the patient, complexity of the task, predictability of the outcome and facility policy.
- Collaborates with new employees and peers to support orientation, training and development opportunities. Supports the profession of nursing through support for nursing student clinical activities, as appropriate.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum QualificationsRequired Education for Staff Job Levels
Current RN license in the State of Kentucky, BSN preferred. New hire RN's have 2 years from hire date to enroll in BSN program and it must be completed within 5 years of hire.
Required Licensure and Certifications
Current RN license in the State of Kentucky. BLS required. See attached grid for required certifications.
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Graduate of an accredited school of nursing required.Organizational Information MISSION & VISION
The Mission of Catholic Health Initiatives is to nurture the healing ministry of the Church, supported by education and research. Fidelity to the Gospel urges us to emphasize human dignity and social justice as we create healthier communities.
Our Vision is to live up to our name as one CHI:
Catholic – Living our Mission and Core Values;
Health – Improving the health of the people and communities we serve;
Initiatives – Pioneering models and systems of care to enhance care delivery.Living the Core Values of CHI
- REVERENCE: Respecting diverse viewpoints and working together to bring out the best in everyone.
- INTEGRITY: Being open and honest in all of our interactions.
- COMPASSION: Caring for the whole person and the greater good of others.
- EXCELLENCE: Doing our best work, providing quality care and service, and achieving our goals.
Takes full responsibility for the conduct and results of own work. Holds self/ others accountable for goal attainment. Demonstrates an understanding of the link between one's own job responsibilities and overall organizational goals, priorities and needs.
- Adaptability / Flexibility
Understands and appreciates different and opposing perspectives on an issue. Adapts one's approach as situations change and accepts changes within one's own job or the organization at large.
Takes appropriate independent action, addresses issues proactively, engages in problem solving, generates new ideas and solutions, seeks out new responsibilities and acts on opportunities for self-development.
- Integrity & Spirituality
Is open and honest in all interactions. Acts with moral wholeness, soundness and truthfulness.
Is attentive to detail and accuracy, is committed to error prevention, monitors, owns and acts on quality work. Looks for and participates in opportunities for process improvements.
Learns and practices safety as a personal priority in your work. Addresses potential safety concerns. Willing to address unsafe behaviors in others. Commits to team safety.
- Service Excellence
Builds confidence, is committed to increasing satisfaction, sets achievable expectations, assumes responsibility for solving problems, ensures commitments are met, solicits opinions and ideas and responds to patients, coworkers, physicians, and all other stakeholders. Maintains pleasant and professional image.
Collaborates with others to achieve common goals. Listens, works to resolve conflicts, supports and upholds team decisions. Builds constructive relationships by appreciating and respecting the diversity and contributions of others. Promotes an overall positive team atmosphere.Protected Health and other confidential Information
This job accesses, uses and discloses patient protected health and other confidential information and will use and disclose patient protected health and other confidential information:
- Only as it applies to job functions
- In amounts minimally necessary for intended purpose, and
- In a confidential manner.
- Requisition ID: 2019-R0201722
- Schedule: Part-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Market: CHI Saint Joseph Health
Apply on company website