The Woodlands Hospital
A primary and secondary care hospital serving North Harris and Montgomery counties. Clinical services include cardiovascular services, diagnostic imaging, women's services (digital mammography and bone density studies), neurosciences, pediatric care (Newborn and Level II nurseries) and surgery, pathology and pulmonary services, and sleep disorders. Clinical affiliations include The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center's Radiation Treatment Center, and Texas Children's Hospital.
Responsible for the delivery of excellence in patient care through assessing, formulating nursing diagnoses and establishing goals, planning and implementing intervention and evaluating patient care outcomes. With the staff nurse's professional practice he/she Responsible for participating in and maintaining quality, cost effectiveness and guest relations. Provide patient care in compliance with hospital policies and procedures and the standards of professional nursing practice as defined by the Board of Nurse Examiners for the State of Texas.
1. Utilizes the nursing process to ensure appropriate patient care is provided in a cost effective, quality driven, and patient focused manner. Collects pertinent social, psychological, developmental and spiritual data from the patient, significant others and other health care team members.
2. Performs as ongoing assessment, formulates nursing diagnosis and goals, plans appropriate interventions, and evaluates the outcome of the interventions.
3. Consistently documents in the patient and unit records according to written health system standards of care in order to meet legal and quality patient care requirements.
4. Provides appropriate teaching and information to patients and families including information on Pain Management, Nutrition, Skin Integrity, Fall prevention, Diabetes, Disease Process, Smoking Cessation, and Discharge instructions.
5. Demonstrates commitment to the goals and values of the patient, Hospital, community and nursing profession through cost containment measures, maintaining confidentiality, appropriate ethical decision –making, and ensuring patient safety.
6. Uses interventions substantiated by research as appropriate in the patient population, participates in research activities, identifies opportunities for research, and collaborates with the Outcomes managers and department.
7. Participates in quality of care activities, evaluates the quality and the effectiveness of nursing practice. Assists in collecting quality data, analyzes the data, and formulates action plans to improve quality care.
Associates Degree Required
Registered Nurse (RN)
Based on location assignment may also require BLS/ACLS/ and or PALS
Age Specific Competencies All Age Groups - Birth and above Sitting Up to 30% Standing Greater than 50% Walking Greater than 50% Pushing Greater than 50% Pulling Greater than 50% Twisting Greater than 50% Climbing, Balancing Up to 30% Kneeling Up to 30% Crawling, Reaching Greater than 50% Grasping Greater than 50% Stooping Greater than 50% Bending, Driving, Repetitive Movements, Lifting up to 10lbs Greater than 50% Lifting 11 - 20 lbs Up to 30% Lifting 21 - 50lbs, Lifting 51 - 100lbs, Lifting greater than 100lbs 12 Carrying up to 10lbs Greater than 50% Carrying 11 - 20 lbs Up to 30% Carrying 21 - 50lbs, Carrying 51 - 100lbs, Carrying greater than 100lbs, Exposure to dust, fumes, odors, Exposure to extreme heat or cold, Work near moving parts, Risk of electrical shock, Uneven terrain, Heights, Radiation, Chemicals, Toxic WasteAdditional Information
- Requisition ID: 2019-R0254347
- Schedule: Part-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Market: CHI St. Luke's Woodlands Hospital
Apply on company website