Position Type: Regular
Scheduled Hours per 2 week Pay Period: 80
Primary Location: TX > HOUSTON > ST LUKES MEDICAL CENTER
Baylor St. Luke's Medical Center
A quaternary care facility that is home of the Texas Heart® Institute, a world-class cardiovascular research and education institution founded in 1962 by Denton A. Cooley, MD–consistently ranked as one of the nation's best in Cardiovascular Services & Heart Surgery.
The first hospital in Texas and the Southwest designated a Magnet® hospital for Nursing Excellence by the American Nurses Credentialing Center, receiving the award four consecutive times. Baylor St. Luke's is home to three freestanding community emergency centers (Holcombe, Pearland, and San Felipe) offering adult and pediatric care–treating more than 51,000 patients annually. The hospital holds a collaborative partnership with Baylor College of Medicine and affiliations with The University of Texas Medical School at Houston, The University of Texas Medical Branch (Galveston), Houston Baptist University, and Prairie View A&M University.
Responsible for developing, implementing, and supervising activities which are concerned with the management, prevention, and control of infection within the hospital. acts as the liaison between all departments and the Pharmacy, Nutrition, Therapeutics and Infection Control (IC) Committees and IC personnel and coordination of the Infection Control Program. On-site activities include daily isolation rounds, weekly IC rounds to cover all departments' at least quarterly, weekly surgeon letters, on-site monitoring of hand hygiene compliance, IC liaison compliance and construction projects in patient care areas. In addition, shall assist in the coordination of the Pharmacy, Nutrition, Therapeutics and Infection Control Committee meetings. also Performs other Quality Functions as assigned.
Education and Licensure Required:
Preferred: Bachelor's Degree
Registered Nurse (RN)
Certified in Infection Control (CIC) OR in the process of completing NHSN – CDC (National Healthcare Safety Network – Centers for Disease Control and Prevention) Self-Study Modules or equivalent as offered through APIC (Association for Professionals in Infection Control and Epidemiology) or TSICP (Texas Society of Infection Control and Prevention) in preparation to sit for exam. Certification must be obtained within 2 years into the role, if enrolled in the self-study module.
Two (2) years of experience
1. Collect, process, and analyze surveillance data to ensure appropriate measures are taken to decrease patient morbidity/mortality and excess hospital stay as well as employee exposures and injuries.
2. On call duty 24/7 for the hospital and its entities as necessary.
3. Serve as a consultant to administration, medical staff, department managers, employees, patients and their families, and the community regarding infection control practices including prevention of transmission of communicable disease, health care acquired infections, evidenced based practice, and patient care practices.
4. Develop, design and implement educational programs as required by regulatory agencies for all employees to ensure transmission of information about current infection control concepts and their specific responsibilities in relation to infection control and hospital policies.
5. Collaborates with medical staff in the design, implementation and analysis of the antibiotic drug usage evaluation program.
6.Review departmental and organization wide infection control policies assisting in the development and revision to ensure that current practice meets professional and regulatory standards.
7.Implements investigation, identification, and follow – up of contact exposed to significant communicable disease.
8.Acts as a liaison to various hospital committees or task forces in order to ensure that hospital and departmental practices reflect current infection control standards.
9.Design, conduct, and analyze routine and special studies. Report findings and recommendations for control measures to the Infection Control Officer and IC Committees.
10.Serve as an active member of the PNT & Infection Control Committee.
11. Strives to achieve excellence in performance and knowledge by participating in continuing education relevant to infectious disease, hospital epidemiology, and other areas conduce to profession growth. Additional Information
- Requisition ID: 2019-R0245112
- Schedule: Full-time
- Market: CHI St. Luke's Baylor St. Luke's Medical Center
Apply on company website