Company: Catholic Health Initiatives
Location: University Place, WA
Career Level: Entry Level
Industries: Hospitals, Health Care
Position Type: Regular
Scheduled Hours per 2 week Pay Period: 32
Primary Location: WA > University Place > SJMC Hospice
CHI Franciscan Health has exciting and rewarding careers with competitive salaries and benefits. We are a family of hospitals, health care services, and medical providers delivering compassionate care to people throughout the South Puget Sound. We are part of Catholic Health Initiatives, one of the largest not-for-profit health care systems in the country.
The CHI Franciscan Hospice team provides end of life care to 700 patients per day in a wide variety of settings including homes, Adult Family Homes, Nursing Homes, Hospice House and Assisted Livings. We provide patient centered care focusing on comfort and quality of life.
This job is responsible for evaluating and admitting patients to CHI-Franciscan Health (CHI-FH) hospice services in accordance with professional nursing standards, internal guidelines and applicable regulatory requirements. Work includes: 1) responding to urgent client telephone calls; 2), assessing and identifying the symptom management needs of clients; 3) coordinating the necessary interventions in accordance with agency treatment protocols to resolve client concerns; and 4) providing end-of-life education to clients to ensure their physical, psychological and spiritual needs are met.
- Graduation from an accredited school of nursing, BSN preferred.
- Two years of related nursing work experience in an acute clinical care setting that would demonstrate attainment of the requisite job knowledge skills/abilities.
- Work experience in one of the following clinical specialty areas is required: Oncology, Med/Surg, Nutrition Support, Pediatrics, IV Therapy, Gerontology, and Home Health.
- Current licensure as an RN by the Washington State Board of Nursing.
- Current Health Care Provider BLS Certification.
- Requisition ID: 2019-R0261367
- Schedule: Part-time
- Shift: Evening Job
- Market: CHI-Franciscan St. Joseph Medical Center
Apply on company website