Full Time, 7P-7A, Access Center, Saint Joseph Hospital
Your time at work should be fulfilling. Rewarding. Inspiring. That's what you'll find when you join one of our non-profit CHI facilities across the nation. You'll find challenging, rewarding work every day alongside people who have as much compassion as you. Join us and together we'll create healthier, stronger communities. Imagine your career at Catholic Health Initiatives!Job Summary
The goal of this position is to ensure a safe and efficient admission or transfer process into the CHI Saint Joseph Health system. To accomplish this goal, Central Access Center RN will work with all persons needed to evaluate appropriate placement and facilitate a rapid transfer including physicians, patient transportation providers, nursing staff at referring hospitals and practices, etc.Essential Functions
- Evaluates, processes, tracks, documents and coordinates patient transfers and direct admissions into the CHI Saint Joseph Health system.
- Obtains appropriate medical and demographic information from sending provider.
- Coordinates communication between referring physicians, and the accepting physician.
- Ensures compliance with current EMTALA and Cobra guidelines.
- Possesses strong communication skills and conflict resolution skills.
- Possesses ability to establish strong relationships with physicians and peers.
- Possesses ability to work independently and follow up on issues/problems.
- Possesses ability to maintain and generate reportable data.
- Demonstrates an appreciation of the CHI Saint Joseph Health Mission and Values by providing themselves as a resource for employees, and coworkers.
- Performs other duties assigned by Market Manager or Director; or as required to meet the needs of the facility, and internal and external customers.
Education / Accreditation / Licensure (required & preferred):
- BSN from accredited/approved school of nursing or currently in school obtaining BSN. ADN consideration with greater than 5 years acute care experience.
- Current Registered Nurse license in Kentucky. BLS required.
Experience (required and preferred):
- Minimum two years of experience as an RN in the acute care setting. Critical Care and Emergency experience preferred. Must be knowledgeable of current nursing practices.
- Requisition ID: 2019-R0252514
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Night Job
- Market: CHI Saint Joseph Health
Apply on company website