Provides perioperative patient care, specifically in the intraoperative phase, in both the scrub and circulating roles according to established guidelines. Serves the population from neonate, infant, pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric. This position requires call, weekends, nights and Holidays as scheduled.
- Scrubs and circulates on cases independently, with minimal direction.
- Prepares for surgical cases in an efficient manner, anticipating needs of patient, surgeon, anesthesia and other O.R. team members.
- Provides a safe environment for patient and staff by implementing standards of aseptic technique and by controlling the physical and psychological aspects of that environment.
- Collects and analyzes data and assesses patient in developing nursing diagnosis.
- Communicates effectively with the patient, staff, physicians, and families.
- Maintains knowledge of equipment set-up and function.
- Initiates and directs room clean up and turnover.
Scheduled Hours per 2 week Pay Period: 0
Primary Location: IA > DES MOINES > MERCY MEDICAL CENTER
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
Possession of a current or compact state license as a Registered Nurse issued/defined by the State of Iowa.
- Operating Room experience preferred.
Basic Life Support certified within six (6) weeks of hire. Acceptable credentialing bodies and certifications include American Red Cross CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer and American Heart Association Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers.
Proof of completion of Mandatory Reporter abuse training specific to population served within three (3) months of hire.
Ability to read, write and speak English language.
- Requisition ID: 2019-R0252611
- Schedule: Part-time
- Market: Mercy Medical Center
Apply on company website