Position Type: Full-Time Schedule: 2:30pm - 11:00pm
Primary Location: TX > BRYAN > REGIONAL HEALTH CENTER
- Under the directions of the Security Supervisor, the Security Officer performs a wide range of security functions with a purpose of protecting Hospital property, assets, volunteers, physician and team members. The Security Officer also enforces hospital policies and provides service to both hospital team members and customers. Participates in activities to assure that customer satisfaction results are consistently maintained. Demonstrates effective communication and public relations skills.
- Required: High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Preferred: Criminal Justice/Security Mgt. or similar field of study
- Required: 1 year security, military, law enforcement or equivalent experience
- Required: Good Verbal/Written Communication Skills, Typing Skills
- Required: Valid Texas Driver's License Registration as Non-Commissioned Security Officer by Texas Department of Public Safety Private Security Bureau
1. Promotes a culture of safety for patients and employees through proper identification, proper reporting, documentation and prevention of medical errors in a non-punitive environment.
2. Patrols hospital premises on foot/ vehicle. Thoroughly patrols buildings, grounds, parking lots and surrounding hospital parking lots. Inspects areas for any security or safety hazards. Checks Hospital entrance Investigates and reports faulty equipment, machinery, alarms, sprinkler systems, etc. Observes all vehicle laws while operating hospital vehicles.
3. Responds to emergencies & calls for service. Response to emergency calls is accomplished in a timely manner and handled with professional demeanor and courtesy. Responds to fire drills, disaster drills, etc. Maintains self control in stressful situations.
4. Maintains the basic functions of security – stationary posts, package checks, escorts, Lost & Found, Morgue Release Procedures and other projects as assigned by Director or designee. Projects can include but not limited to: Equipment checks, campus lighting checks, fire and safety checks.
5. Maintains hospital equipment (radio, pager, keys) while on duty. Is responsible for master keys. Secures all hospital doors at the specified hour and unlocks all hospital doors at the prescribed hour. Follows proper radio procedures and restricts transmissions to official hospital business.
6. Investigates all incidents, preparing incident report on completion of investigation. Writes accurate incident report.
7. Provides good customer service to both internal and external customers b y providing safety escorts and motorist assistance, to include flat tires. battery boosts, and low/empty fuel.
8. Prioritize work assignments with minimal supervision.
9. Coordinates with law enforcement as necessary.
10. Assists PBX operator as necessary.
0. Performs other duties as assigned to meet the organization`s needs.
- Requisition ID: 2019-R0251641
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Market: CHI St. Joseph Health
Apply on company website