The Woodlands Hospital
A primary and secondary care hospital serving North Harris and Montgomery counties. Clinical services include cardiovascular services, diagnostic imaging, women's services (digital mammography and bone density studies), neurosciences, pediatric care (Newborn and Level II nurseries) and surgery, pathology and pulmonary services, and sleep disorders. Clinical affiliations include The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center's Radiation Treatment Center, and Texas Children's Hospital.
Position Summary: Surgical Technician II (General/Neuro) Full-time Days- Operating Room - The Woodlands Hospital
Assists in patient care and preparation of surgical patients; Performs scrub duties and related procedures; Accountable for ensuring cleaning and maintenance of supplies and equipment for selected specialty. Performs in the advanced roles of preceptor, service specialist and instrument room liaison.
1. Assist surgical team in the scrubbing role according CHI St. Luke's policies and procedures.
2. Maintain sterile field.
3. Report immediately any breaks in aseptic technique.
4. Pass instruments, suture products, medication, and sponge materials to surgeon.
5. Assist with retracting of tissue and organs, and suctioning by holding the retracting
6. Instrument that has been placed by the surgeon.
7. Electrosurgical current may be applied as directed by the surgeon.
8. Perform surgical counts with the RN according to policy and procedure.
9. Proficiently function in the scrub role for all services provided
10. Function as a resource for at least one specific service.
11. Utilize/open supplies judiciously, offers suggestions, improvements with focus on quality and cost containment.
12. Actively participate in product evaluations.
13. Assure appropriate equipment and supplies are available for each procedure:
14. Assist RN in updating preference
15. Work closely with the instrument room as service specialist/instrument liaison to assure provision of quality.
16. Assist in housekeeping duties as directed to insure safe patient environment and an efficient room turnover.
17. Assist RN with circulator duties while under direct supervision.
18. Work assigned shifts, responding when called upon for additional or emergency service as necessary and on-call according to Perioperative policies.
19. Actively participate in providing 2 in-services per year at unit or service level. In-services are approved by the Manager prior to presentation.
20. Attend at least 10 hours of continuing education per year.
21. Preceptor for students and new employees. Complete preceptor orientation paperwork within established time frames.
22. Actively participate in unit/committee meetings and is an active member of a professional organization.
High School Diploma/GED
Certified Surgical Technician (CST)
BLS Certification Required
Two (2) years of experienceAdditional Information
- Requisition ID: 2019-R0232433
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Market: CHI St. Luke's Woodlands Hospital
Apply on company website