Position Type: Regular
Scheduled Hours per 2 week Pay Period: 80
Primary Location: CO > ENGLEWOOD > DENVER INVERNESS
This position provides National Real Estate Services in the area of Planning, Design & Construction for Non-Acute (Administrative & Ambulatory) projects including; capital project planning; utilization of Preferred Provided Network; enhancements to and utilization of the Ambulatory Project Delivery Model (APDM) guidelines and tools; maintaining relations with authorities having jurisdiction (including National Lines and local market leadership); providing client/project communications and coordination support; assists in the preparing Project Scope and Opinion of Probable Cost (OPC) budgets; monitor and control of project expenses.
The National Director oversees the leadership, strategy and integrated implementation for four areas within the National Real Estate Services business unit: Project Management/Construction; Interior Standards, Space Strategy & Management, (including CaFM tools and alternative telework program), and Transition management. In conjunction with regional/local markets, the National Director works with legal, risk, IT, contracting, architects, contractors, etc., that are required to effectively manage their space needs. Develops, updates and enforces national space standards, policies and procedures.
This position has direct responsibility for planning, design and construction of CommonSpirit's Administrative Space and Ambulatory Care projects, including but not limited to primary and specialty care clinics, express care clinics, free standing ED's, imaging and cancer centers.
This position reports directly to the National Real Estate Services' System Vice President, Real Estate Services.
- Strategic Interiors and Space Planning
- National portfolio includes 30+ million SF of clinical and non-clinical space.
- Responsibilities include oversight, development and implementation in these key areas:
- Interior standards; including space, finishes and FF&E.
- Space utilization and efficiency criteria.
- Operational need fulfillment.
- Consistency in use, application and implementation across National and regional locations.
- Identification of Efficiency Opportunities to meet COE goals.
- End-to-end Strategic planning occurs both at the global perspective with Business Operational planning, Finance and Real Estate partners, as well as at the regional and local micro perspective to ensure integrated implementation and alignment with goals.
- Approach to development and implementation will be an integrated delivery process, national and regional, for comprehensive solutions.
- Project management / Construction management skills required for oversight of capital projects: scope, contracts, resources, budget, schedules, and effective communication plans.
- Internal and external resource and relationship management skills are critical. Forge solid relationships with senior level CHI executives and Regional Leadership: Finance, Strategy, HR, Market Real Estate staff, Construction, Facilities and other Asset Services teams with the goal of developing and implementing space related projects that effectively meet the company's business needs in a highly efficient and cost-effective manner. Includes vendor/contract management relating to implementation projects.
- Responsible for Short-term and long-term parallel planning for optimum, long-lasting working environments.
- Responsible for the operation of the national Space Planning team, including the development of strategic space plans, design of space standards, management of space planning projects. Includes development, oversight and implementation. Knowledge of industry trends and best practices required to leverage best methods and tools.
- Alternative Workplace Strategies. The AWS program is designed to identify, train and support employees and managers in their roles and positions that are suitable for telecommuting, mobile work and on-site workspace sharing. In partnership with HR, responsible for continuing the development of the company's Alternative Workplace Strategy (AWS), including identifying opportunities for flex space implementation across the portfolio.
- CaFM. Utilize and centralize Computer Aided Facility Management tool(s) and reporting as necessary to support national and regional space database management. Coordinate effort with Real Estate teams and auxiliary databases.
- Continually review strategic space workflow processes for opportunities to increase efficiency, reduce waste and improve internal business unit satisfaction.
- Leadership and supervision of the Strategic Space Planning's staff and external partners operations & projects which includes project planning and space design projects.
- Leading the collection and reporting of occupancy and space utilization data to Senior Management along with identification of opportunities and recommendation of solutions for improved utilization.
- Move Logistics, Relocation and Transition Planning skills are critical for this position.
- Integrated approach is used to include design, planning, implementation and occupancy through 1st day of Patient Care.
- Coordination and understanding of cross-discipline scopes of work, sequencing and timelines is critical. Includes, but not limited to: Clinical operational units, Support Services (such as BioMed, EVS, Food Svcs., Pharmacy, Respiratory, Rehab, Clinical lab), Med Equipment, Furniture, Education/Training & Orientation, IT/LV, Regulatory/Licensing, Communication/Mktg., Volunteers, etc.
- Incorporating effective performance practices is expected: safety, infection control, temporary and permanent way-finding coordination.
- Keen assessment of gaps and overlaps in roles and responsibilities lies with this position.
- MAC processes and standards are developed and overseen by this position. Folds in national on/off-boarding, CaFM data management.
- Oversight of regional transition planning, resources and contracts is a key responsibility of this position.
- Bachelor's degree in Architecture or interior design required, architectural and/or real estate related industry designations preferred (AIA, BOMA, IFMA, Health care related, etc.). Master's in architecture or MBA helpful
- Minimum 10 years in strategic space planning & design with 5 years in healthcare related fields
- Experience in space management for large portfolios, in excess of 10M square feet, geographically dispersed.
- Strong knowledge of office workplace & healthcare design industry
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office tools (including Visio and Project), AutoCAD and industry standard CAFM software
- Strong background in data base and analytical software.
- Ability to communicate verbally within the organization
- Strong presentation skills.
- Proven ability to analytically process data and determine conditions to improve performance.
- The proven ability to develop new strategy/process and effectively lead and manage change.
- Proven organization and project skills.
- Strong negotiating and communication experience – proven ability to resolve conflicts.
- Requisition ID: 2019-R0255019
- Schedule: Full-time
- Market: Catholic Health Initiatives - National Office
Apply on company website