Company: Catholic Health Initiatives
Location: Lincoln, NE
Career Level: Entry Level
Industries: Hospitals, Health Care
Position Type: Regular
Scheduled Hours per 2 week Pay Period: 72
Primary Location: NE > LINCOLN > ST ELIZABETH
Principle Duties and Responsibilities Essential Job Functions:
- Provides monitoring of cardiac rhythms of Critical Care, Progressive Care and Telemetry patients and informs appropriate nursing staff of changes in cardiac rhythms.
- Maintains and updates logbooks.
- Responds to alarms on cardiac monitors.
- Records cardiac rhythms every twelve (12) hours or more frequently as indicated by change in rhythm and places strips on the patient's chart.
- Operates and cleans monitoring equipment safely and in accordance with the procedure.
- Checks and refills supplies at monitor station every shift.
- Daily charge of telemetry on General Care Telemetry.
- Admits and discharges patients on telemetry.
Position Qualifications Education: High school graduate or equivalent required. Licensure/Certification: None required. Professionalism/Growth and Development:
- Maintains skills/competencies required for the position.
- Accesses opportunities for continuing education that will enhance technical and interpersonal skills.
- Attends mandatory education programs and meets established requirements.
- Attends department meetings and in-services as directed.
- Completes a Basic ECG interpretation course.
- May be required to work additional shifts or change shifts.
- May be subjected to stressful situations.
- May require several hours of sitting.
- Manual dexterity required for computer data entry and for technical nursing patient care tasks.
- Requisition ID: 2019-R0254570
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Market: CHI Health
Apply on company website