Under general supervision, the Instructor plans and implements data literacy curriculum and educational programs for students within the Division of Workforce Partnerships.
The instructor communicates class content to students utilizing a variety of teaching methods so that learning occurs, skills are developed, and students are motivated to learn and achieve their educational and employment objectives. Trainings are scheduled in response to corporate partner requests and can include day, evening and weekend hours. Similarly, classes may be scheduled last minute and require commensurate flexibility.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Develops the syllabus for each course assigned based on program criteria. The syllabus should include learning objectives expressed in behavioral terms and be distributed to each student by the first scheduled class session, preferably sooner.
• Teaches the depth and scope of class materials as outlined in the syllabus and relates the instruction to careers and employer expectations.
• Works creatively in all classes taught to discourage student withdrawal and maintain satisfactory retention.
• Understand the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and adhere to CCRI's policies and procedures for responding to student requests for accommodations.
• Accurately maintain attendance records in accordance with program policies and submit written reports of pertinent information to the Director of Program Delivery or designee.
• Assist in development of program based on best practices
• Observe teaching assistants and give feedback to improve quality of instruction.
• Collaborate and meet periodically with internal and external resources and organizations to further the objectives of the program.
• Consult and collaborate with the Director of Program Delivery or designee, to develop, update and/or revise curriculum and other program components as directed to ensure that programs are accurate, comprehensive and up to date.
• Attend program meetings and other program-related events as needed.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Apply on company website