The Division of Workforce Partnerships is looking for healthcare instructors to teach their proprietary healthcare workforce trainings. Current instructors are needed in both clinical and non-clinical instructing roles and the successful candidate would have expertise in one of the following subject areas: Dental Assisting, Medical Assisting or Medical Front Desk/Administration.
The instructor will be responsible for all learning outcomes of our programs and will focus on student development and preparation for the healthcare field.
The coordinator will work side-by-side with lead instructors, teacher assistants and program leadership to ensure that programs have successful outcomes and that students receive high quality education.
This role is in response to employer demand and can include day, evening and/or weekend hours. The healthcare instructor will be responsible for communicating what shifts they are available to work and ensure that they are able to work all classes that they agree to instruct.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Work collaboratively in a diverse, inclusive and student-centered environment, with students of various learning styles, cultures, identities, and life-experiences.
· Communicate class content utilizing a variety of teaching methods so that learning occurs, skills are developed, and students are motivated to learn and achieve their educational and employment objectives.
· Deliver effective lesson plans and provide supplemental material to achieve course objectives and address student needs.
· Integrate technology and active learning strategies to enhance instruction.
· Keep detailed and organized records of students' attendance, assessments, and progress, including a final evaluation.
· Collaborate with the coordinator and other instructors in the program and attend meetings as needed.
· Demonstrate a commitment to professional development.
· Maintain all lab equipment as necessary.
· Ensure lab environments remain clean and sanitary.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
Apply on company website