The Division of Workforce Partnerships is looking for healthcare Teacher Assistants to support instructors in the delivery of proprietary healthcare workforce trainings. Teacher Assistants support instructors in clinical related training and the successful candidate would have expertise in one of the following subject areas: Dental Assisting or Medical Assisting.
The teacher assistant will be responsible for supporting the instructor by ensuring all learning outcomes are successfully achieved by our students and that they are properly prepared for success within the healthcare field.
The teacher assistant will work side-by-side with lead instructors, instructors and program leadership to ensure that programs have successful outcomes and that students receive high quality education.
This role is in response to employer demand and can include day, evening and/or weekend hours. The healthcare teacher assistant will be responsible for communicating what shifts they are available to work and ensure that they are able to work all classes that they agree to instruct.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Work collaboratively in a diverse, inclusive and student-centered environment, with students of various learning styles, cultures, identities, and life-experiences.
· Communicate class content utilizing a variety of teaching methods so that learning occurs, skills are developed, and students are motivated to learn and achieve their educational and employment objectives.
· Support the instructor in the delivery of effective lesson and assist in addressing student needs.
· Assist in the integration of technology and active learning strategies to enhance instruction.
· Support labs by ensuring stock is properly maintained and prepared for student learning
· Assist in maintaining detailed and organized records of students' attendance, assessments, and progress, including a final evaluation.
· Collaborate with the coordinator and instructors in the program and attend meetings as needed.
· Demonstrate a commitment to professional development.
· Report any issues with lab equipment to the instructor and program coordinator as necessary.
· Ensure lab environments remain clean and sanitary.
·Perform other duties as assigned.
Apply on company website