The instructor plans and implements class curriculum and educational programs for the Division of Workforce Partnerships.
The instructor communicates class content utilizing a variety of teaching methods so that learning occurs, skills are developed, and students are motivated to learn and achieve their educational and employment objectives.
Some trainings are scheduled in response to employer partner requests and can include day, evening and weekend hours. Similarly, classes may be scheduled last minute and require commensurate flexibility.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Engage in high-quality instruction in a diverse, inclusive, corporate and/or industry-specific environment.
• Prepare effective lesson plans and provide supplemental material to achieve course objectives
and address student needs.
• Integrate technology and active learning strategies to enhance instruction.
• Use technology to enhance instruction, communicate effectively with students and colleagues and complete program record keeping and reporting requirements.
• Work creatively in all classes taught to discourage student withdrawal and maintain satisfactory retention.
• Understand the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and adhere to CCRI's policies and procedures for responding to student requests for accommodations.
• Keep detailed and organized records of students' attendance, assessments, and progress, including a final evaluation.
• Collaborate with the coordinator and workplace staff to develop contextualized lesson plans.
• Attend in-service training, program meetings and other program-related events as needed.
• Travel to various parts of the state to teach classroom driver education or substitute as needed.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Apply on company website