The Division of Workforce Partnerships is looking for instructors to teach non-credit courses part-time across industries throughout Rhode Island and online year round. Courses are taught using competency based learning outcomes and vary in length, ranging from four hour workshops to semester long training programs.
The instructor oversees the delivery of our proprietary maritime trades' curriculum and educational programs for the Division of Workforce Partnerships.
The instructor communicates class content utilizing a variety of teaching methods so that learning occurs, skills are developed, and students are motivated to learn and achieve their educational and employment objectives.
Trainings are scheduled in response to employer partner demand and can include day, evening and/or weekend hours. The Division is looking to build a bank of instructors to meet the varied needs of Rhode Island employers.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Follow and provide classroom and hands-on instruction in our proprietary maritime trades' curriculum.
• Oversee the instruction of organized work plans, equipment use and lab assignments.
• Provide one-to-one mentoring and teaching of students.
• Communicate class content utilizing a variety of teaching methods so that learning occurs, skills are developed, and students are motivated to learn and achieve their educational and employment objectives.
• Use technology to enhance instruction, communicate effectively with students and colleagues and complete program record keeping and reporting requirements.
• Work creatively in all classes taught to discourage student withdrawal and maintain satisfactory retention.
• Understand the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and adhere to CCRI's policies and procedures for responding to student requests for accommodations.
• Keep detailed and organized records of students' attendance, assessments, and progress, including a final evaluation.
• Maintain a safe and clean work environment.
• Ensure all tools and tool bags are being properly maintained and checked-in/ checked out to avoid tool loss.
• Attend regular instructor training (minimum of 2 per year)
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Apply on company website