The Division of Workforce Partnerships is looking for teacher assistants to assist in the instruction of non-credit courses part-time across industries throughout Rhode Island and online year round. Courses are taught using competency based learning outcomes and vary in length, ranging from four hour workshops to semester long training programs.
The teacher assistant assists in the delivery of our proprietary maritime trades' curriculum and educational programs for the Division of Workforce Partnerships.
The teacher assistant assists the instructor in ensuring that learning occurs, skills are developed, and students are motivated to learn and achieve their educational and employment objectives.
Trainings are scheduled in response to employer partner demand and can include day, evening and/or weekend hours. The Division is looking to build a bank of instructors to meet the varied needs of Rhode Island employers.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist in classroom and hands-on instruction in our proprietary maritime trades' curriculum.
• Keep work plans, equipment and lab assignments organized for the instructor.
• Provide one-to-one mentoring and teaching of students.
• Use technology to communicate effectively with students and colleagues and assist with program record keeping and reporting requirements.
• Work creatively in all classes taught to discourage student withdrawal and maintain satisfactory retention.
• Understand the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and adhere to CCRI's policies and procedures for responding to student requests for accommodations.
• Assist in keeping organized records of students' attendance, assessments, and progress, including a final evaluation.
• Maintain a safe and clean work environment.
• Inventory all tools and tool bags upon lab shift start and shift end to ensure tools are being properly maintained.
• Operate the tool crib and act as tool crib attendant when students need tools in the hands-on lab.
• Attend regular teacher assistant trainings (minimum of 2 per year)
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Apply on company website