Clinical Preceptor for Students from the Community College of Rhode Island Respiratory Therapy Program. Responsible for providing clinical education for the students in all aspects of respiratory therapy including pediatric and adult critical care. Must be a current UMass Worcester Employee
Duties and Responsibilities
Responsibilities to include but not limited to:
• Coordinate learning activities with Respiratory Department staff
• Act as a Preceptor by providing direct and indirect supervision to a minimum of 3, maximum 6 CCRI Respiratory Therapy students including bedside instruction.
• Orient to the clinical program at CCRI with the program Director of Clinical Education (DCE) and understand competencies required for the clinical course.
• Provide daily documentation of student progress per DCE direction.
• Provide mid-rotation and end rotation student evaluations to each student and to the college.
• Participate in hospital-required orientation at the assigned clinical site as per site policies, including electronic (or other) charting procedures.
• Participate in planning and debriefing sessions with program faculty as scheduled during the semester, including clinical instructor meeting/s.
• Develop a working relationship with the hospital staff and respiratory department supervisors.
• Meet clinical affiliate health record/immunization requirements.
Apply on company website